- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

crazy ass russians and hungarians!!

Post by briananeurysm »

Hi guys,

Ok. Played in Budapest last nite... and in Moscow the night before. First of all, the crowd in Moscow was fucking INSANE! i've never played for a crowd quite like it. And i truly hope to play there again...

i mean, i played at an after party at 6am. Everybody... and i mean EVERYBODY, was already high or drunk on every drug in the alphabet from partying the previous 6 hours... and then they kept drinking and partying until Lunchtime!!!!! To all you russians on this board, you guys are crazy partiers! next time i promise i will drink a vodka with you. i just wasnt up for it this time.

and Hungary, i must say, though the minimal scene is young, has some dedicated motherfuckers supporting it! i had a blast playing last nite, and there too i must play again!!! ... absolutely worth the lack of sleep! hehe

I'm really curious if the rest of the eastern bloc is as crazy and fun loving as the two i just experienced... any personal experiences to share??

well... i'm off to paris, so i'm really curious to see if there are any differences in 'party style' ... cant wait to see.

greets from the road (vienna airport)...

:CAPTAINS LOG; ENTRY COMPLETE:
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Yeah man, eastern block is crazy, party wise.
I have played 2-3 times in Slovakia, and that was very cool also, people are partying like crazy and really into the music.... I would like to play some of the eastern contries again for sure...
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

Cool to read about your experiences in eastern Europe Brian! Makes me curious to check the scene out there some time!
Keep us posted.. :D
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

hell yeah! eastern europe was fuckin dope! ... i'm definitely gonna try and play there more in the future! they enjoy the music, and have fun with it too, w/o just sitting there and criticizing the set.

absolutely dope!
tmp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tmp »

it is time to play in east germany ;) (dresden f.e. )
minimim
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by minimim »

In eastern europe everything new ( when it comes to good music ) is highly appreciated. Last year Dave Mothersole ( pioneer of tech-house and acid house) happened to play in Tirana (Albania). Talking with him, he explained that playing in Ballkans ( he has been playing a lot in Kosovo and in Macedonia) reminds him of the early '90 in England when the acid house scene was born.

People in this part of the planet are "hungry" for music. Being under dictatorships for many years, make us appreciate every single sound of good music, simply beacause it's our time to change.

I'm very happy you had a great time. :)
It's ridiculous how hard we try.
whatever
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by whatever »

same thing for the romanian people...somebody once said about us "you romanian people can never get enough"...the crowd is just hungry about parties, about music, people here are really having fun, and they make great athmosphere...
we are waiting for villalobos, hawtin , magda and more other great minimal dj's to come here