Spleen - TSFKAP

- music
Electribe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Spleen - TSFKAP

Post by Electribe »

This is a very dark track of me. I have found the time to arrange it and i would be glad to hear your comments!

http://www.stikkr.net/sounds/Spleen%20-%20TSFKAP.mp3
Thanks for listening! :P
Semirk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Semirk »

Solid track you have here. Bit slow picking up in the first minute or so but after that i'm well into the vibe you've created.

You say dark, well I get the feeling theres room in there somewhere to stick in something with a really mono dirty sound if you wished, maybe something that growls a bit. Thats personally what i'd like to hear as to a little bit extra but on the other hand its cool as it is, just looking at your dark aim when saying that. Thanks for sharing, nice piece, my kinda thing.
Electribe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Electribe »

Thanks! :)

I've listened to it with fresh ears on the way to work
and I will fix some "bugs" with the sound and add one or two effects this evening.

Keep on commenting :D
keinzweiter
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by keinzweiter »

versuch mal die HiHats leiser zu machen :)
Electribe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Electribe »

keinzweiter wrote:versuch mal die HiHats leiser zu machen :)
That´s what i did (turn hihat down) besides some finetuning and adding some atmospeheric effects. The snare is louder now and the bassline and stuff eq'ed better. :)

Thanks for your comments so far!
Here the same link (with the new version) again
http://www.stikkr.net/sounds/Spleen%20-%20TSFKAP.mp3

Keep on commenting! thx :D
fl0w
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fl0w »

hmm... there are some good things, and some others that are less good.

The mix in general could be better. I'll try to list the moments that sound bizarre.

The intro is promising. The hihats are still quite loud but why not! They may sound unpleasant if listened loud, i don't know, i can only use my HD-202 headphones (aka The Infidel) at the moment.

After the mini break at 1'17", you have 2 measures of synth and 2 measures transposed down. The first ones are quite OK (but I prefer the pattern in the intro), the last ones are awful and cheesy. I' afraid I start to freak when I hear something that tries to be melodic :-/

I do much prefer when the synth sound is more filtered (eg in the intro) than when it's brighter. I think you should try beefing up the echo (louder? less decay? i don't know!)

I do really like the bass !
And also the "dong" around 2'55"

the little break just before 3'20" is OK except for the snare, maybe because it's too dry.

Hmm that bass, sweet!

The part after 3'20" if really good, simple, nice sounds. I like how the synth gets very loud. Nice work on the volume. You could play with the echo on the synth for a dub feeling, and make this part longer. IMHO the break at 4'32" ruins the ambiance that you were developing.

The very last part (bass, kick, snare, and some clicks) is excellent too.

To summarize, i like the simplest parts (the intro, the end, and the part between 3'20" and 4'32", and the little break with tons of delay at 1'17" that could be even crazier with more fx). Destroy the melodies!

Don't think your track will be less boring if you multiply the elements, keep the best patterns, the best sounds and trash the rest.

I've made quite a lot of comments on your track, i hope you won't be discouraged. At least, the second version is much better than the first one :)

And it's only my opinion...
:.: : :: : :.: .:. :.
japatap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by japatap »

what flow said... very promising beginning..
and then its going downhill.. maybe had some extra nice rythems and fx and a new synth rythm or melody that fits in what ya got!

Fore some reason i would like to try if i can make a remix of it, got some ideas.... let me know
Electribe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Electribe »

flow, thanx for the very valuable comments, you are absolutely right with most of your critics. I am working on it this evening :-)

Edit: well here you go again under my myspace profile: http://www.myspace.com/minimalspleen

Flow, your input was very good. I also had some problems with some parts of the song. I have reworked the main melody and things and i hope it´s better now.

japatap, please send me an email!

regards, Ingo