[Frankie Rec. 017] Todd Sines - Broad Band ep

- wax
Massi_DL
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Frankie Rec. 017] Todd Sines - Broad Band ep

Post by Massi_DL »

The first release from Todd Sines in 4 years. Featuring vocalist Natacha Labelle, it’s a collision of house, techno, funk and more… underwater pads + organs, throat-like noises and breathy, seductive vocals from Ms. Labelle. Todd Sines comments: “Painstakingly crafted over the course of 4 years, these tracks were individually recorded in 4 different studios in Toronto and New York, with a variety of obstacles to overcome. The transition from Mac OS9 to OSX, Logic to Live, Mac to PC, PC to Mac, Live to Logic, 48.1 to 320 kps MP3 to 44.1khz, analogue to digital, digital to analogue; not to mention 4 major relationships, a few flings, a few intercontinental flights and 6 different apartments. This EP is a testament to the hardships Mr. Sines and his loyal cats have endured over the last 4 years. Thankfully, we have the internet and MySpace.”

FRANKIE017 in the media

Claude VonStroke (Dirtybird re: “yeah man so weird ...the A1 Rive Gauche is for my afterhours sets.Thanks!”

Damian Lazarus (Crosstown rebe: “killer ep, thanks for sending it. i actually heard it a couple weeks back whilst pilfering through troy pierce's laptop, i almost stole it and im pleased i didnt as it was on my desk when in arrived home. so i got the tune and didnt have to feel guilty about it. excellent - especially thick satin... but all killer!! ”

Damien Almira (Coda Mag FR): “Todd Sines is one of my hero, i enjoy played this track at my DJ residence @ Rex Club! ”

Derek Plaslaiko: “Very Frankie, and un-Franike at he same time. More organic than I was expecting, but something I think I will carry with me a long time, and cant wait to have on vinyl!!!...Thick Satin was one of my faves from that cd, and what youve done with this version is blow it out of the FUCKING WATER!!! This is my gem from this EP”

Derek Plaslaiko (Spectral reco: “Very Frankie, and un-Franike at he same time. More organic than I was expecting, but something I think I will carry with me a long time, and cant wait to have on vinyl!!!... Thick Satin one of my faves from that cd, and what youve done with this version is blow it out of the FUCKING WATER!!! This is my gem from this EP.”

DJ MAG (UK) Giles Smith: “Much more like it! Here's forthcoming review from DJ: TODD SINES - BROAD BAND (Frankie) 4.5* Super slick ep from Mr Sines which fits very nicely into the labels sound which always manages to combine, deep, jackin and minimal influences. "Rives Gauche" is totally off the wall with its fat beats, darn right weird synth stabs and cut n paste groove . "In_Come" is probably my favourite here with its lo-fi, yet tight, crisp groove, slick heads down drum programming and moodymanesque bassline. "Thick Satin" a recent favourite of Magda and Troy Pierce's is surprisingly the most groovy and accesible here with its warm breathy female vocal and bumpin feel. Last up "Elastiq" is probably the most experimental here with its dub inspired drums, deep chords and crazy production tricks.”

DJ T: “The A2-Track does it for me!”

Fabrice Lig (f com): “Rive gauche & Thick Satin excellent tracks!...manages to do tracks between House and super funky techno ...perfect for every kind of dj set...will play it tonight!”

Geoffroy Mugwump: “killer jacking weirdo trax...totally up mein strasse.”

Ivan Smagghe
: “love it”

Jesse Rosse: “DOPE! Need the vinyl asap!”

John Tejada:: ““Yes I know Todd, he's a niiace! High five!! full support!!!!! Blowing up dancefloors in your pants!!!!!... really interesting sound design on the record while keeping a good groove... i do think it's a good record and a nice bit of fresh air to all the overflow out” ”

Karotte: “thick satin ist ein brett. dezember charts NO.3”

Mike Shannon (Cynosure, Revolv: “Nice work from Mr.Sines. Frankie keeps Jack alive! ”
Only For Dj’s (FR): “Review by Ludovic Rambaud ”

Philip Sherburne (earplug.com,: “the todd sines record is really good... a bit darker than usual for your label! really like both A-side cuts a lot, gonna see where i might be able to review them...”

Ralf Kollmann (Mobilee records: “Yeap! Tood Sines is back on the track... Love all 4 tracks! ”

Sasse (Moodmusic): “great fourtracker, like b2. funky! ”

Samples

A1-Rive Gauche
A2-In Come
B1-Thik Satin
B2-Elastic

Upcoming release: MASSI DL - 1UP ep[FRANKIE 018] out in february
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

:shock:
ri
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ri »

Back in the fold :)
Excellent! Damn fine, sounds pretty fat, will be rocking not only the minimal floors, can see Rive Gauche getting torn up by all the Kerri Chandler fans.
r.i.

let the music talk
Lostra
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Lostra »

Frankie is a must
Real minimal stuff...
JThoma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JThoma »

Damn Sines killed it with this one! Can't wait for this to drop.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Very nice ep- more partial to the B side- smooth deep funky
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

house is new :roll:

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
'gameover'