Ableton: Export Audio sounds muffled HELP!!!

all things.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ableton: Export Audio sounds muffled HELP!!!

Post by hydrogen »

iquar wrote:Yes I do same as said before, modulars loops recorded in ableton are not equal to the source just passing trough ableton.
Even in 96k.
When recording sounds of my modulars into ableton, I got a clear degradation. It is more like : all the good things are removed. The deep basses, de smooth variations, etc.
So I use Soundforge for recording.

I posted on the Ableton Forum about that, go post too. It s too bad quality recording and exporting. Something is bad in their program.
I don't believe any of this. I experience 0 issues recording any of my gear using my RME Fireface400 into Ableton. I record in 48k/32bit I do all direct monitoring and it sounds pretty much identical to the original sound when I recorded it.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

forget rendering with ableton, it mp3izes everything... i'm on board since v 2.1 so i know this issue pretty well.
when i finish the track, i create an additional audio track, set it's input to resampling and monitor off, sit back and record in real time.
Normalizing before converting to mp3 for uploading on soundcloud or in my phone is done in wavelab, a raw 32 bit version is kept in case it comes to mastering.
i love ableton, i really do, but they still haven't got it right with rendering so i don't bother.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i think this thread is typical of such discussions, there are people who think that anyone who suggests that there is anything wrong with Ableton's rendering are just mad, or doing something wrong.

sorry guys but there's some experienced people on this board who can hear an obvious difference, if you can't hear it, it doesnt mean its not there, it just means you can't hear it.
I've heard so many experience musicians say this over the years, we can't all be mad.

i'm with Sorgenkind and Iquar. i can hear a difference, its not much, but its enough for me to categorically dismiss Ableton as recording software for analogue kit.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yeah, its nothing to do with music, this is just observation.

i'm teaching my son how to use Ableton right now, because he can sit in his room and make music, when i cant give him much time in my studio, i'm so busy. so its really useful, its got lots of positive aspects. but one of them isnt its sound quality as far as i'm concerned.

you can make good or bad music on any platform or kit. you can make good music on a dustbin lid.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

it's a good point...apparently the 9.0 is suppose to address that..

(some of the users on the forum say they hear better sound using 9.0 vs. before)..I passed on the 9.0..

a mix down in an entirely new art in and of itself..
iquar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by iquar »

Yeah well.. lol

How can I explain. Well. I am.. you know I got mental problems and my mother .. no of course but .. yeah I got Ableton live you know I know it. Or perhaps I am crazy perhaps ..

Sorry grand manitou I know ableton was perfect sorry. Dont hit me please.
iquar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by iquar »

I could try a Fireface !

It would say Focusrite pro40 is bad.

But i m just sure Ableton recording/exports is bad.
So I wont try.

I know it because that doesn't appear to my golden ears.. yess. when using Soundforge for direct recording. As I said.
And my girlfriend, yes me too, my girlfriend.. said the same :) "yes it s really not the same, baby". She said baby lol

It is what it is. Well you can't hear it. But If you are doing hits, why would it be a problem?
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

can you mutlitrack record into soundforge or audacity ??