Ableton rendering problem

all things.
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ableton rendering problem

Post by loulou »

Hey folks

I just rendered a track but for some reason the reverb on my percussion seems to go crazy (too much feedback resulting in a loud noisy-sound). This does not happen when i play the track in ableton itself

Im using Lexicon Reverb, the LXP Plate

Why is it doing this?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Ableton rendering problem

Post by eggnchips »

Hi,
I have had this problem with plug ins.
If your sound card is set to 44k and you try to render at a different rate, this feedback sometimes records on to the track.
Not sure why though but if you render at the same rate it shouldn't happen. Maybe somebody in the know can tell us why?
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

i have had problems in ableton with certain vstis; where once its bounced down i can no longer hear the audio. inside ableton its fine, but once i bounce down nothing. i have to freeze the track and then squash it to audio for it to playback in the final audio file.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

no problems here doing this
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

i had issues like this, i fixed it by freezing tracks as i go so by the end everything is already audio. doing this you know exactly what you're going to end up with after an export. i always find the quality better this way also. think about it, rendering a single channel of a six minute project takes the same amount of time if you rendered the whole project with 50 channels -ex
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

Okay cheers, thanks for the feedback. My sound card, Audiophile USB, is set to a maximum samplerate of 48000, so does that mean i should render my tracks in 48000? Whats the standard for this?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

loulou wrote:Okay cheers, thanks for the feedback. My sound card, Audiophile USB, is set to a maximum samplerate of 48000, so does that mean i should render my tracks in 48000? Whats the standard for this?
Yes. I think it's a bug in the plug as I had exact same problem once.
Try it and I bet the problem goes.
loulou
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by loulou »

It did the trick. So whats the difference between 44100 and 48000? I don't know what these numbers actually means?

Anyway, thank you all for your answers!