Re: good mixer

combination thread.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

jackbrazzo wrote:
Cargo has to be one of the worst clubs I have ever played at. Everything about that place is just terrible
Really? F1 system in there and nicely sized. Its not perfect but most venues arent.
I enjoy playing there, the sound is fantastic in the main room.

Go up to Dalston and barring The Nest and Basing House what venue is there that can complete with it as far as sound goes?
There is more to life then just good sound. Good sound doesn't mean the clubs great. i personally don't care if its a nice size or has a f1 system at all. if its run by morons for morons, then no matter what the sound is like i will do my best to avoid going there. its like saying oceana has great sound and a nice size room so should we all think its great? its a proper meat market in there, and the people that run it are the biggest dicks EVER. the actual booking policy isn't that bad really, its just a shame its in that club. from first point of entry its an awful experience.

other clubs???? who knows!! (maybe you should look further afield then dalston/kingsland road) my intention wasn't to promote other great clubs it was point out that cargo imo sucks. You can add basing house to that list as well ;) i suppose being so deep in shoreditch just attracts total piss heads that just want you to play club bangers all night and wont accept anything else. The sound isnt that great either... all the clubs along kingsland road have brick wall limiters so can only be pushed to a certain point and in most cases that db level isnt loud enough for it to have a real impact on the human body.
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

any thoughts on xone:22 and pioneer djm250 ?
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

xone for eva:)
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

There is more to life then just good sound. Good sound doesn't mean the clubs great. i personally don't care if its a nice size or has a f1 system at all. if its run by morons for morons, then no matter what the sound is like i will do my best to avoid going there. its like saying oceana has great sound and a nice size room so should we all think its great? its a proper meat market in there, and the people that run it are the biggest dicks EVER. the actual booking policy isn't that bad really, its just a shame its in that club. from first point of entry its an awful experience.

other clubs???? who knows!! (maybe you should look further afield then dalston/kingsland road) my intention wasn't to promote other great clubs it was point out that cargo imo sucks. You can add basing house to that list as well i suppose being so deep in shoreditch just attracts total piss heads that just want you to play club bangers all night and wont accept anything else. The sound isnt that great either... all the clubs along kingsland road have brick wall limiters so can only be pushed to a certain point and in most cases that db level isnt loud enough for it to have a real impact on the human body.
Just saw this post. Jesus wept Ray were you having a bad day? Basing House is one of the best small venues in London, I think its won awards for this. It was a really condescending post, if it was meant like that then its succeeded. No wonder people don't post on here anymore.