- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Matt Jolley
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Lick My Deck Locked On 002 - STL

Post by Matt Jolley »

STL - "Fragments Of Risk & Fun" - Lick My Deck Locked On 002

The myth, the legend, Stephan Laubner aka STL steps up with a very rare mix for the Lick My Deck "Locked On" podcast series, titled "Fragments Of Risk & Fun". Mixing everything from computer adds, film sountracks, disco, electro, classical, funk, dub, house, techno and radio/field recordings. We can honestly say this is one of the most creative mixes we have heard in a long time.

A few words from STL regarding the mix:

The mix was recorded with 2 turnatables a CD player and my field recorder.

Various sounds have been mixed together as I was aiming to make a mix from a variety of sources. I have added things like a old commodre add, as well as recorded radio stuff, various selections from my vinyls, some music and sounds from my CD"s, all very diverse.

A 1 hour mix is basically a very short time to put much emotion into, but on the other hand it was really challenging and like the title suggests, it includes risks, resulting in much fun. Since I am not really a DJ (more a production head) it may include not the newest records, and also the mix is not very constant and stable probably - but for me very enjoyable, honest and possible to revive the mood and energy of that recorded hour.