- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Sonja Moonear - (To The Light) : [mnml.nl 01]

Post by John Clees »

[if you are not a member : please feel free to sign up to open new sections]

It just so happens as fate would have it. The stars would be aligned and our very first ever podcast in over 10 years falls in the hands of Sonja Moonear. She is known for releases on : perlon : karat : ruta5.org : kalk pets : & others. In the land of blogs, podcast and safe music, the funk element I find missing so often. She most certainly doesn't disappoint. It's been years since I decided to have an extremely limited podcast series where quality over quantity was the foundation. I've been trying to get something of quality for far too long and I'm truly excited to kick off our first one, (this may be hard to follow) to easily one of my favorite and most talented djs on the planet..

- : p l e a s e : feel free to pass this forward.

- : Facebook Aritst Page
- : Soundcloud
- : Discogs
- : RA[/size]
Bio:

After studying classical music in her youth, Sonja Moonear set aside the piano in favour of the turntables and bought a Roland R8.

Surrounded by the Swiss mountains, Sonja immersed herself in the Geneva underground before finally infiltrating the ranks of the Weetamix residents in 2002. From that point on, participating in ever more ambitious projects, she was tapped by an international agency and started the road trip.

Moonear slowly began collaborating with artists - friends and crews - like Luciano or Cosmic Chile Zürich, along with Dandy Jack as Junction SM. She has acquired an impressive international reputation, playing in clubs and festivals worldwide.

In the last couple of years, she’s been releasing her own tracks and remixes on renowned international labels such as Karat and Perlon. She runs the label Ruta5 and organises various events in Switzerland as well as the ever-growing Kiss Me festival. On top of that, she is a sound designer for the swiss-french TV.

This artist from Geneva evades easy categorisation, however: her sets reflect an enormous wealth of ideas and creativity and lead her to perpetually redefine her style. Her musical background, eclectic tastes, and enviable record collection have made miss Moonear a much sought-after DJ.
brooklyn1
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: -[ our very first mnml.nl podcast by....

Post by brooklyn1 »

I guess I could actually try to make alogo this time lol
Save the planet, Kill Yourself.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

The logo has always been the specific black/white font lettering, but id be open to what you come up with...

perhaps a little update couldn't hurt.. I'm open to such thing ..

It would greatly be appreciated...
Caley Martin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Caley Martin »

Sonja Moonear, nice!
tripp4fun
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Sonja Moonear - ( In The Light ) : 2014 : [mnml.nl 01]

Post by tripp4fun »

great set, keep'em comin..

any idea on the track starting at 35:35 "...from detroit, what type of mood where you in when you recorded that album..."

thanks
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »

tripp4fun wrote:any idea on the track starting at 35:35 "...from detroit, what type of mood where you in when you recorded that album..."
latest delano smith album (although the beginning of the track is mixed with some other track) ;)

Very cool podcast.
Keep 'em coming :D
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

tripp4fun wrote:great set, keep'em comin..

any idea on the track starting at 35:35 "...from detroit, what type of mood where you in when you recorded that album..."

thanks
I know the original source was an audio from an interview with the electrifying mojo he did many years ago...
not sure if it was just played over another track.... I"m sure delano may have used it somewhere too..
damnwords
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by damnwords »