- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

Conquest Inc.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Conquest Inc. »

just curious,

did you record matt's set too?

I've really enjoyed the mixes of his that I have heard, so I would love to hear what he played that night.
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

cyhl wrote:about maetrik's set: as much as I like the music, I think that some of the transitions between tracks could be better (well, this is just my personnal opinion, so no offense intended): some transitions are too abrupt, or others happen during a breakdown...... I think tracks should blend in more into eachother (but I know, it's tough, I'm working on this right now, and I'm having a hard time.......)
I know what you mean, and i personally have heard it perform a lot better than that... but this time he was playing around with a few things that he hasnt done yet, and the set was far more improvisational than he originally intended.

also, its a Live PA... personally, i have always felt that rules are a little different for PAs than for Djing, and that the transitions between songs are not as important as the quality of the performance. ... and your right, its definitely not an easy task. however, while being there, the transitions were the last thing on my mind, coz his set was killer in a system! ... :)

btw... I know there is a recording of Matt's set, but i dont have it personally... i'll ask maetrik tho ... i think he has a copy...

what'd you think of the videos?
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

briananeurysm wrote:also, its a Live PA... personally, i have always felt that rules are a little different for PAs than for Djing, and that the transitions between songs are not as important as the quality of the performance.
well, as long as live pas are happening in a club setting, I won't agree with what you say: people come to a club mostly to dance, so the flow is important........
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

well maybe there's your answer :) ...this wasnt really a club setting. It was a club, but more predominantly a bar that has the capablity to host Live Acts. :)

hehe...

i think we're on the same wavelength... personally i'd like transitions to be smoother too. but while i was there, the transtitions didnt matter as much, because the trax were badass! ...

and i'm sure many people that dont know sh!t about either djing or live pa's dont really care as much either. I've seen some people play horrible mixes... but the tracks he played were getting the crowd off! ... they didnt give a sh!t about transitions ... I think as a DJ/Producer we ofcourse have higher standards in that matter because it is what we do, whereas the majority of the audience has a different perspektive on it ... know what i mean?
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

I think when its a Live PA some slack has to be given. Its a little more complicated then spinning some records & CD's, the transitions are maybe not as obvious as one record coming into another.
briananeurysm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by briananeurysm »

hehe.. thanx for backing me up :)

so what'd you think of the videos?
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

briananeurysm wrote:hehe.. thanx for backing me up :)
well, yeah, I agree that we're on the same wavelenghts :) ......
but I don't agree with the previous post: it's not because it's more difficult that we should be more forgiving! the fact that it's difficult should be a filter...... as much as everybody will agree with me that there are too many DJs in this world by now, I think that there are too many people doing mediocre live pa (I'm not talking about maetrik's set now, which, I wanna say it again, I liked a lot; I'm just being picky now), which are sometimes boring to hear........
briananeurysm wrote:so what'd you think of the videos?
still havn't watched them.....
Burnski
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Burnski »

That link is down, any chance of scoring this from anyone, thanks :)