LABEL: FELINEPHONIX MUSIC
No: FPX-15
FORMAT: DIGITAL
RELEASE: APRIL 22, 2009
1. TANDAVA
2. LASYA (HER CHANT)
3. LASYA (INSTRUMENTAL)

-----FELINEPHONIX MUSIC@BEATPORT
Felinephonix Music is back for release 15 from label lady, Mieka Du Franx who presents a three tracker of yin and yang sounds. The concept behind Dance Of Shiva is the representation of her own dualistic approach to her production, which is directly connected to what she plays as a DJ. On one hand, she plays harder tracks that are aggressive with a big sound and sometimes more minor sounding, while on the other hand, she also play tracks that are more delicate and dreamy, sometimes lighter and suited for the morning sun.

Tandava is a heavy handed concrete floor cracker. Tracky, airy, and shook with erosive sprays of electric energy, lots of grit and thump the whole way through. Disguised with talking chords, Tandava's energy expresses an aggressive, yet resilient forecast of explosive elements laid out for a deep, dubby, stomper. Something more traditional sounding for classic tech house lovers, with a slight twist of gritty industrial tones.

Lasya (Her Chant) is designed with traditional drums, hollowed out and weaved with experimental metallic elements and a walking talk -box bassline that evenly rolls underneath. Dreamy, yet grounded with a solid rhythm, and playful chants, Lasya endears the dance floor for an internal movement behind closed eyes, under the early sunrise. The rotatation of chants create a hidden code inside a hypnotic vibe of deep house.

Lasya Instrumental is graced with glassy wave of soft piano synth stabs that glide over the top of an atmospheric steady rotation of glazed drums right into a breakdown of flanged percussion. Steady movements with a tight walking bassline, the instrumental is perfect for a mix tape, deeper and musical, it feels really hypnotic and warm.

FEEDBACK | SUPPORT

ABE DUQUE [ADR | CONTEXTERIOR] - "Tandava - This is Funky!"
ALLAND BYALLO [NIGHTLIGHT MUSIC | UTENSIL RECORDINGS | KONTROL]- "Cool stuff! Nice work as usual, Mieka. Always droppin’ bombs."
DEEPCHILD [FREERANGE | OM RECORDS] - "Tandava, Nice one. Deep, moody, Dubwise! :)"
JAY TRIPWIRE [TONALITY | REAL TONE | SEASONS]- "Love Tandava, the mixdown is spectacular and the groove has these subtle nuances to it that build the crowd into a frenzy for the monster bridge."
DAN CURTIN [MOBILEE | CONTEXTERIOR]- "Really dig your sound, fav track is Tandava but I like all 3."
ALECS MARTA [TREIBSTOFF | CUATRO] "Tandava" is the track for me! really love it!
i like his old school flavour...mmm very good trip :)
MARK HENNING [SOMA | FOUNDSOUND | TRAPEZ] - " I like Tandava - great summer tune for me."
JASON CLARKE [PAXAHU, DETROIT] - "Didn't know you made such abstract sh!t yo! very cool! you got your voice to sound like a synthesizer. :) oh wow, tandava - i love it."
KELLiLIOUS [SHEJAY | MN2S] -" This package is HOT. Really digging the quirkiness of Tandava..... has an old school vibe and good deep energy. Could slot this in to a late night techier set. This is my fave for sure. Laysa is also lovely....the beats are tight and it's got a nice little groove. A nice little wind-down track."
MATT FLORES [COMPOST | DEEPER SHADES OF HOUSE] - "Damn, that Laysa track is HOT, your vox really ads it to something special and unique...Tandava is a real builder nough nough tension, lovin dem!"

-----FELINEPHONIX MUSIC@BEATPORT

FELINEPHONIX MUSIC
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MYSPACE.COM/FELINEPHONIXMUSIC