01. Baseline
02. Just About There
03. Chunky Buds
04. Time To Go
05. Another Try

www.popkan.com
www.clevermusic.net

enjoy :wink:
Last edited by .kavo. on Tue May 10, 2005 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"smokin' hydroponic"
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

woo... that was quick... give us a chance! ;) (only submitted it last night!)

the release will be published on the site later today...

full write up below (plus some bigger artwork so you can see how nice it is ;)):
------------------------------------

So we were in the club last week and this reporter from Vogue was like, ‘hey what’s the buzz on this new Popkan release?’ and I was like, well…

…so the opening track ‘Baseline’ really reminds me of when I was opening this club on 5th for a dude called Damien and yadada…I’m stood in VIP, chatting with my friend Mel, drinking a mojito and then they play this great Popkan track that goes blurwarrrrrr chic chic chic thwack over this funking bass and I’m like, ‘hey man, lets go dance, this tune is like, dope’ and my friends Tom and Nicole kinda look at me like I’m bugging out or something. Dancing is like so last year but I’m doing like the boho shuffle as the cool Popkan track goes…. chic whiiiiiiiiiiir creating a weird bleep bleep pop pop rhythm. And this is the point I realise that I’ve had one too many mojitos.

So I was like on my way to the bar to get a cosmo and I can’t see any of the hotties making fck me eyes at me as suddenly everyone is wearing sunglasses. And the kids are dancing like robots as a cool Popkan track, which one of my P.A’s hands me a script telling me is called ‘Just About There’ goes CHHHHHHHHHicruuuuuuuunk thwack thwack thwack: totally dark undulating tribal minimalism with a refreshing single note synth riff. And suddenly I have another mojito in my hand when I clearly stated cosmo to the dude behind the bar wearing a Prada vest.

I’m saying this to the reporter from Vogue who doesn’t seem to have written any of this down and I’m wondering what the perfume is she’s wearing. And now I’m just going with the moment, throwing lousy metaphors at her like the scent she’s wearing really reminds me of what I believe the smell of Popkan’s ‘Chunky Buds’ would be like if it were captured as eau de toilette: thick bottom end, delicious subtleties that only reveal themselves once worn for an entire night. She's not buying any of it and I’m starting to sweat as she doesn’t seem to grasp that I’m trying to pay her a compliment.

So I ditch the metaphors and rip out my I-Pod, which she looks at, distrusting my motives as I usher her over to a quiet corner and plug her in to listen to Popkan’s ‘Time to Go’, which is kinda like this nagging robot groove that is like so dope overlaid with this sinister electro-esque melody. And she seems to dig so I crank it up and plug in an ear and we sit there sipping mojitos digging the track, which morphs into ‘Another Try’. She takes out her pad and nails it in one go: jacking robot funk with sparse future funky rhythms to die for’ and I’m already hooking up with this hot thing from ID…

http://www.clevermusic.net
http://www.popkan.com
Last edited by gooner on Mon May 09, 2005 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

gooner wrote:woo... that was quick... give us a chance! ;)

hey Mark!
i was browsing archive.org like every monday for new netlabels stuff.
really i don't know who add new release there, but i must have give know to everybody here... :wink:

p.s. nice mix on micro by you. i like it.
cheers... :)
"smokin' hydroponic"
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

.kavo. wrote:
gooner wrote:woo... that was quick... give us a chance! ;)

hey Mark!
i was browsing archive.org like every monday for new netlabels stuff.
really i don't know who add new release there, but i must have give know to everybody here... :wink:

p.s. nice mix on micro by you. i like it.
cheers... :)
hey.. it's cool :) thanks!
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

listening to it now, sounding very nice indeed.
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

gooner wrote:woo... that was quick... give us a chance! ;) (only submitted it last night!)

kavo is the quickest ever. thanx kavo!
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

Just had my 2nd listen there, well done to all concerned. Another v.nice clever release :)
thanks!

ps. think the last track is my favourite.
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

isabella wrote:
gooner wrote:woo... that was quick... give us a chance! ;) (only submitted it last night!)

kavo is the quickest ever. thanx kavo!
:oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: :oops:
:wink:
"smokin' hydroponic"