[minusn] 002 | andrey kiritchenko - scatter stars

- free art
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[minusn] 002 | andrey kiritchenko - scatter stars

Post by .kavo. »

-n returns with a solo effort by andrey kiritchenko, with a palette full of rhythms and textures of the spaces in, around and between us. the first track 'spreading comets' also kicked off our release last month - we now hear it in a more personal context. the melodies that seemed brooding just last month seem less sinister in the arc of the 4 tracks. rhythm returns us to a more familiar place before we embark away from the familiar. 'scatter stars' continues the journey with a persistent meditation on the sounds around us. the melodic drone produces a wakeful dreamstate as we listen to the everyday. the dream waxes into tension as 'spread your satellites' begins with repetition that becomes drone, opening the ears to the rhythms and tones sitting just behind us. the ep closes with 'mythree,' as melodies melt into washes of noise, then rhythms, before returning to a more familiar groove and tempo. and just when we think we have made a journey, we realize that we are exactly where we began.
(liner notes by arp laszlo)

review:
andrey kiritchenko offers four pieces on 'scatter stars', on the -n netlabel. in these pieces, kiritchenko moves forward into more rhythmic doodlings of the clicks 'n cuts area. these pieces, which go as one flow, have more groove than his previous works, with detailled beats, made out of the usual clicks and deeper bass thumbs. this stuff could easily be on a normal cd with a bigger distribution.
by frans de waard

[mn002] andrey kiritchenko - scatter stars
01. speading comets (04:35)
02. scatter stars (08:43)
03. spread your satellites (08:06)
04. mythree (05:14)

http://minusn.com/en/mn002.html

:wink:
"smokin' hydroponic"
nebesny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nebesny »

thanx for the info, .kavo. beautiful release!

...and it explores similar realms with wonderful "tetrapolar" by our belarusian artist i/dex. i guess "tetrapolar" is not released yet, but there are 2 tracks from it on kiritchenko's label: http://nexsound.org/micro_motion_htm.html

oh, and i've just found that there's a remix album of kiritchenko's "Kniga Skazok" - with tracks by Frank Bretschneider, Mokira and the like: ns40 - v/a - Fabelbuch

so, if you like this kind of stuff - check it ;)
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

nebesny wrote:thanx for the info, .kavo. beautiful release!

...and it explores similar realms with wonderful "tetrapolar" by our belarusian artist i/dex. i guess "tetrapolar" is not released yet, but there are 2 tracks from it on kiritchenko's label: http://nexsound.org/micro_motion_htm.html

oh, and i've just found that there's a remix album of kiritchenko's "Kniga Skazok" - with tracks by Frank Bretschneider, Mokira and the like: ns40 - v/a - Fabelbuch

so, if you like this kind of stuff - check it ;)
hi man!
yes, i know "ns40".nice release too.
tetrapolar don't know.
i'm not to this sounds too much,but sometimes when i am sad and down,i am listening to music like this is.

cheers . . . :wink:
"smokin' hydroponic"
Stefan Koopmanschap
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Stefan Koopmanschap »

andrey kiritchenko is a genius. thats all I can say :)

I had the honor of him releasing an EP on my now-dead cd-r label Wide Area Network Records. The cd-r is completely sold out and the label is dead, but I've uploaded the release to archive.org for everyone's pleasure.