YOTM "Clear and Pleasant Danger" remix contest!

- free art
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

YOTM "Clear and Pleasant Danger" remix contest!

Post by adam »

Taken from www.yearofthemachine.com:

Clear and Pleasant Danger EP remix competition
>> updated 2/17/05
Year of the Machine will release the best remixes of the labels first release, the "Clear and Pleasant Danger" EP by Tractile. The rules are simple: download the album, tear it up and put it back together the way you want to. The deadline is March 27. Simply contact us to submit your remix. The remix album will be released in April.
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

can you post the parts?
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

See what you can do without... we want to encourage creative editing, and alot of DJ's who do their own edits of tracks have nothing but the original on record to start with...
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

I actually do quite a bit of editing myself for my DJ sets, but this seems different.

I find that I can't get excited about 'remixing' a track if I have to take the extra step to cut up all the parts first. Maybe I'm just lazy.

we'll see.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

butane wrote:I actually do quite a bit of editing myself for my DJ sets, but this seems different.

I find that I can't get excited about 'remixing' a track if I have to take the extra step to cut up all the parts first. Maybe I'm just lazy.

we'll see.

me too.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

and i don't mean to nit-pick, but wouldn't it technically be a 're-edit' if done in this manner? Not a re-mix?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

"we want to encourage creative editing"

i don't see how can you be creative with editing,i mean we got 4 tracks that need to be chopped up,thats all!?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Oh pifff, come on. I use to do remixes with big chunks of tracks, I still do it that way sometimes. I just fck them up beyond recognition. It's challenging and that's what is neat about it. You get to develope your style by experimentation.