[MOJ 05] Binh - Ship Of Imagination

- wax
Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [MOJ 05] Binh - Ship Of Imagination

Post by Pervade »

pirouette wrote:
Pervade wrote:Hype or not, most of this is pretty good.
i don't really see hype factoring into it—just seems like a lack of fresh ideas.
Fair enough. But I was more referring to the supposed hype for this sound, rather than the record itself.
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.
pirouette
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pirouette »

Pervade wrote:Fair enough. But I was more referring to the supposed hype for this sound, rather than the record itself.
ah, gotcha
sfharb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sfharb »

i don't think it's a stretch to say the sound (whatever you want to call it) has become more common, quality notwithstanding. for me personally that takes away some of its luster, but more power to those who feel differently.
Purp Diction
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Purp Diction »

A1 and C1 are good imo. But all the others songs sounds the same. Binh is a great producer but i rather prefer his last release on perlon.

Funny to always see comments about the alleged "hype". Yes this type of music gets more attention today but who gives a fck ?
Play the music you like and stop always complaining about this and that...

The only bad point with the "revival" of electro/detroit etc sounds is that a lot of records have their price skyrocketing but there are tons of better for 2 bucks (and yu know that), if you keep searching
sundayafterglow
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sundayafterglow »

There was an acid "hype" in the 90s, there was a minimal "hype" in the 00s and so on. And if we look back, what's the result? A huge amount of fantastic music, which we keep buying and playing at the moment. ;) The wheel is spinning.

I don't really see the problem with this current "electro" hype - first of all, because most of the music that's been released these days is great and second - a big part of it is really weird and played by a fairly narrow circle of DJs (for now), who are highly appreciated by most of us.

About the release - I was definetely more touched by the Perlon EP. However, A1 here is a real killer.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Hit and miss for me. Should have put the two good tracks on a 12 and call it a day imho.
sfharb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sfharb »

God forbid people express their opinions about music on a music forum. ;)

In all seriousness, I agree that it's not very productive to merely complain about "hype." But I also don't think it's productive to discourage people from describing why they don't like a particular piece of music, even if the reason is that they think a sound has become too popular.