[MOI004] MOi - 04

- wax
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [MOI004] MOi - 04

Post by Philsen »

LSTL wrote:I agree with that but i feel those who "criticize" hyped releases. Maybe i'm just paranoid/stupid but finding myself comparing two cool releases, the less hyped is automatically better for my perspective.
About moi004..bought the previous ones but this is an easy skip for me.
same here ...
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
leonardolm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leonardolm »

This release is better that 03 & 02... have nice vibe of 01's release
moss_inda_house
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moss_inda_house »

If I may throw my .02 in... I've been obsessively listening to dance/House music since I was about 16, I'm currently 23, and still constantly digging to find just that perfect sound, and since stumbling upon the releases we are talking about here(Hostom, Moi, F&S, etc...), I've had a hard time finding something that can involuntarily make me tap my feet and sway my head in the way these so-called "hyped" releases do, because after all, I only picked up on this string of music when youtube played it as a suggestion and it caught my attention right away, not a lot of music does that for me, so I became a fan before I was aware of any hype, I just thought it was great music. Admittedly, I own a handful of the mentioned releases now, and am on pre-order for a few more, even have the new F&S release on the way(the Brian Harden "Elementary" edit is undeniable groove).

So I guess, in conclusion...hype? I'd say it's just in your head, because the hype seems to be fan made if anything. This is still vinyl only music being sold in exclusive shops in limited numbers, w/ even more exclusive 2nd hand price tags. And the artists producing this music are not trying to place themselves on a pedestal, like any other relevant House producer, they may have a couple blogsite interviews/release reviews, but that's about it. The sold out pre-sales, and discogs price gouging speaks for itself.
scooby
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by scooby »

kind of agree with the hype. bought this record because i wanted a piece of MOI... still cant get over B side from MOI001 and one look on discogs... youre like nah.
but with every play of this record, im satisfied... especially B side... minus 2~4 on pitch :P
kepler
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kepler »

MOi 005 here being played by Arpiar at Sunwaves a couple of weekends ago. Sounds slightly different to the others, and pure class again.

iO Mulen has been absolutely flawless recently, and I'm really keen on the whole sunny, loopy house thing at the moment. Varhat (HOSTOM) does it well too, absolutely no issue with these releases at all. The hype is irrelevant, it's the music I'm interested in.