mnml.nl

Want to join? Send us a message info (at) @ mnml.nl with a preferred username and we'll send you a login!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 am 
Offline
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 am
Posts: 403
resolved wrote:
pretty sure you would be more likely to find this one outside of london or berlin, mantis was a huge label and its records were sold everywhere. but i get your point. and i realise my position is extreme. i like collecting records, hunting for them and finally finding a copy - even if that means waiting years. to me that feels better than clicking buy on juno. but its a personal thing. of course i can see the wider argument for reissues being a good thing is much stronger.


ha i get you. i hate waiting for things and normally crumble and pay more money then i really want to for a record, so thats why i welcome the reissues. I actually was about to bite the bullet on the soul capsule one then like a week later I see there was a repress.

I want that jovonn as well and now i see the repress is slowely getting more expensive. some of these sellers like muttdiscogs has had stuff for years in my wantlist. no movement in price at all, it really sucks.


Last edited by ray parry on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline
mnml mdrtr
mnml mdrtr

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:27 pm
Posts: 2690
Location: Vienna
i get the hunting thing, the problem for me is, we dont have a lot of record shops where i live, and the ones we have check every record against discogs before they selling it to you ..

even if you go to some vinyl second hand market where everyone is selling theire vinyls for 50 cents to 2 euros, before you actually can buy the record, they check discogs, its silly. you put the work in drive to a vinyl market search for the vinyl and get the same price minus shipping thats stupid.

im happy with things right now, so much gets reissued, or released digitally. for me its not worth it to buy a expensive record right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am 
Offline
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:10 pm
Posts: 314
basically i am just a grumpy git who is annoyed that old records got cool. no need for an argument cos i can see just how ridiculous my stance is. discogs is completely sick these days.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 am 
Offline
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:10 pm
Posts: 314
Themis wrote:
i get the hunting thing, the problem for me is, we dont have a lot of record shops where i live, and the ones we have check every record against discogs before they selling it to you ..

even if you go to some vinyl second hand market where everyone is selling there vinyls for 50 cents to 2 euros, before you actually can buy the record, they check discogs, its silly. you put the work in drive to a vinyl market search for the vinyl and get the same price minus shipping thats stupid.



to be honest even the shops in london are crap these days. same thing you describe, just discogs cheapies with shipping saved. whereas three years ago you could go in and find a different gemini ep each time for 50p. discogs is a great tool but its monopoly on music sales has taken a lot of the fun out of the process. i was just lucky to be slightly ahead of the curve and buy many of these things before it all went to sh!t.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:34 am
Posts: 403
resolved wrote:
Themis wrote:
i get the hunting thing, the problem for me is, we dont have a lot of record shops where i live, and the ones we have check every record against discogs before they selling it to you ..

even if you go to some vinyl second hand market where everyone is selling there vinyls for 50 cents to 2 euros, before you actually can buy the record, they check discogs, its silly. you put the work in drive to a vinyl market search for the vinyl and get the same price minus shipping thats stupid.



to be honest even the shops in london are crap these days. same thing you describe, just discogs cheapies with shipping saved. whereas three years ago you could go in and find a different gemini ep each time for 50p. discogs is a great tool but its monopoly on music sales has taken a lot of the fun out of the process. i was just lucky to be slightly ahead of the curve and buy many of these things before it all went to sh!t.


yeah agree. plus with vinyl and digging for records becoming 'cool' you got all them kids spending days on end in the second hand stores making it even harder to find the gems.

theres a really good second hand record shop in east though that has a huge basement full of gems. a mate of mine picked up all the thule back cat for like 2.99 each.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:55 am 
Offline
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:10 pm
Posts: 314
that crazy beat or somethig else?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 756
speaking of reissues, yossi amoyal posted a pic of a bunch of old mosaic dat tapes....

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/junger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 pm 
Offline
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:58 am
Posts: 857
junger wrote:
speaking of reissues, yossi amoyal posted a pic of a bunch of old mosaic dat tapes....

Guess they finally managed to find Steve.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group