Mathew Jonson - Guided by Angels - It Is What It Is 12"

- wax
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

f3d4r wrote:maybe he fears this all is just a hype :( (like electroclash?) i sincerely hope not ...
Well, I can't speak for Mathew, but I can speak for myself. Myself and a few other artists have discussed the issue of the hype surrounding minimal. The truth is, there really is just a lot of hype surrounding it. Some of it really isn't what it is made out to be. For me, I make, play, and listen to what I like. If I don't like it, I won't play it. As for Mathew's sound, again, I can't speak for him, but maybe it's just what he likes to do, so he does it.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

you gotta see that from the artist's point of view too........... to be able to perform a interesting live set that can be relatively different every time you play, you need a good amount of tracks; once you have all those tracks, you cannot sit on them and do nothing with them ! so you just try to release them; since most labels are afraid of releasing full-albums (of course, it's not only a question of being afraid, releasing a full length album is a complex story), you're just gonna see your tracks get released as a bunch of different 12'', in a short amount of time.........
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

ps: hey jesse !!!!!!!!! whassup ! congrats on you future release !
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

cyhl wrote:ps: hey jesse !!!!!!!!! whassup ! congrats on you future release !

Hey Cyhl =)

Thanks, it's gonna be pretty fun for me =) My 4 track ep "The Nectar of My Love" on Traum goes for mastering tonight as well as my track which Dominik Eulberg is remixing on a 2 track single. I'm also doing something for Interkontinental 4. These will be out in early 2005 I suspect. Modern Recording Company still needs to find a distributor, but my stuff is complete for it. It will probably come out in spring 2005 if a distributor picks it up soon. But yeah, things are taking off for me. Since this is a Mat Jonson thread. I guess I'll say I will try to keep variety in all of my tracks. But always expect great quality.

So how have things been going for you Cyhl?
(Maybe this would be better as a PM)