- wax
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Steve Bug - Bugnology

Post by g »

PaulusP wrote:
ParanoidDancer wrote:
PaulusP wrote: All we can say at the moment is that the album will go far beyond the regular mix concept...
I am wondering what would be so different about that mix cd. Is he going the de9 way? lot's of dj's have claimed to take a mix cd to another level but in my opninion only richie has sucseeded.
dunno man, i'm just the messenger :wink: let us wait and see/hear.

What's your opinion about Mills's DVD Exhibisionist? Did mills take mixing to another level?
no and he wasn't trying to. that project is more like an archive.
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

roebin de freitas wrote:what about surgeon:food for thought?
amen to that.
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

Essaj wrote:is it true he used ableton to re-construct the tracks and for mixing?
let's hope he at least did that. the last thing the world needs is another straight mix cd.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I'm not normally a big fan of Steve Bug, as for me he represents the more smooth, jazzy, funky house style of music. I came from a techno background, and I like my minimal music to be more like techno than house. However, after reading these posts I'm interested to hear this mix, just to see what it is like. Guess next time I'm at home again I'll have to spend some time on soulseek...
quincy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quincy »

Teknorich wrote:I'm not normally a big fan of Steve Bug, as for me he represents the more smooth, jazzy, funky house style of music. I came from a techno background, and I like my minimal music to be more like techno than house. However, after reading these posts I'm interested to hear this mix, just to see what it is like. Guess next time I'm at home again I'll have to spend some time on soulseek...
If you consider Steve's music as a jazzy funky side of house music you defenitly have to check him out some day... Steve his dj-sets are very shakebel and powerfull :P The man's rocks the place in now time ... yesterday he performed an amazing set at Silo :shock:
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

Teknorich wrote:I'm not normally a big fan of Steve Bug, as for me he represents the more smooth, jazzy, funky house style of music. I came from a techno background, and I like my minimal music to be more like techno than house. However, after reading these posts I'm interested to hear this mix, just to see what it is like. Guess next time I'm at home again I'll have to spend some time on soulseek...
Same with me, I've spent quite a few years spinning techno. As this has always been the more funky and minimalistic techno, it was just a small step to get into minimal for me. I think this mix by Steve Bug is just having that minimal-attitude with a little touch of groovy sounding techno. I got the mix a month ago and it's been on my car-stereo for all this time. Well worth checking Technorich! :wink:
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Guys, thanks for your comments. I will definitely download this mix next time I am at my parents house. (Can't do it at the moment, because I only have internet access if I sneak into the local university library and pretend to be a student...)

I think I maybe I have judged Steve Bug unfairly, and I should check him out a bit more to see what styles he really plays. Does he play a bit more techno when he mixes live? I've only heard a CD mix from him and it was quite house/jazzy, but then a lot of DJs make their CD mixes smoother to appeal to more people. I will investigate and educate!!!

Thanks for your help!
quincy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by quincy »

Idd, most dj-micex are made to listen at home or in tha car, so mostly it's al about the sound, but the pumpin vibe is gone.

Live he plays very uplifting and pumpin music, always keeping his straight deep minimalistic sound ...