off-key industries

- wax
An_J
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

off-key industries

Post by An_J »

Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to introduce a new label from england http://www.offkeyindustries.com. Their first release is "The Portimão E.P." by Matt O'Brien. I think a little promotion would not be amiss and this board is the perfect place. You can find some audio samples under the release section.

It's a diversified minimal 4 track ep: "hidden high" is a driving minimal track with a beautiful endless melody, "loptech" sounds like a reduced Guido Schneider track (very cool :!: ), "invader" I guess is for those who like Roman Flügel's "Geht's noch" and "headpeel" tends a bit to the m_nus style - there is music for everyone.

It's a short recension but I'm not a journalist so check it out for yourself. The record is worth it. Maybe Matt can post a comment and tell a little more. He has joined the forum recently.
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

Sounds pretty cool, just ordered a copy off your site. cheers :D
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Off-key »

Cheers An_J, glad you're digging the first release. I like your descriptions, it's always interesting to see what other people see in your tracks. I have to admit that I didn't see a "Geht's noch" influence (not a fan of that track myself) but I can see your point! To me, Invader has more of a chicago style influence, with elements of Relief and early Neil Landstrumm, that's more of where my head is at I suppose.

This release should be in the shops soon, it's been at the distributors for a while but is finally getting a release on the 29th August through Blackhole Distribution. If there are any shops or distro's out there that want it then then either email blackhole@ntlbusiness.com or just PM me through this board.

Well, that's quite enough self promotion for one day, I think I'd better shut up now. :lol:

@bazz01 - thanks for buying a copy off the site, I posted it yesterday so with any luck you'll get it today. Hope you like it, let me know what you think.
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

Cheers man,
lookin forward to giving it a good listen over the weekend :D
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Sounds interesting, Will check this out when I get home to my computer WITH sound :!:
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

Yeah, gave the record a few listens over the weekend, nice tracks but alot faster than they sounded on the site - 135/136bpm(should have waited to get home rather than judging by dodgy headphones in work lol). Probobly too fast for my liking, cheers for the quick delivery though.
Off-key
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Off-key »

Hi Bazz - thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear the tracks were a little fast for your taste. As you say, 3 of the tracks are about 135 bpm, the first track son side A is about 130. Well, thanks for buying it anyway, I hope you find some use for it. Pity it's not a picture disc of some buxom wench, then you could have made an attractive clock out of it. :)
bazz001
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bazz001 »

hehe, I like the tracks - I'm sure they'll come in handy at some stage :D

cheers.