[minus -2] Plastikman - Nostalgik.2

- wax
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

the track is okay, i think we all heard even mnml tracks than nostalgik, but i was talking about how plastikman lost his feeling of deepness and sense.
this is just recycled stuff done to make profit not connection... sorry but i don't want just anything titled as plastikman.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

plaster wrote:the track is okay, i think we all heard even mnml tracks than nostalgik, but i was talking about how plastikman lost his feeling of deepness and sense.
this is just recycled stuff done to make profit not connection... sorry but i don't want just anything titled as plastikman.
Not sure what that means...
lost his feeling of deepness and sense???

if you are trying to say that it was "emotional" or something at one point... it's not supposed to be. If you are looking for tripped out chords and pads, stick to the microdub. Plastikman material is full of amazing ideas that you have to pay attention to to hear, and that aside, it's all incredible anyway. So muc comes from so little on these releases. I think maybe some people throw it on for the first time and start listening for the traditional progression of music and start listening for certain elements to come in. It's really not about that at all, it's much better than that. Not everyone's into that, but that's what the morepop-oriented stuff is for I guess.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

adam wrote:
plaster wrote:the track is okay, i think we all heard even mnml tracks than nostalgik, but i was talking about how plastikman lost his feeling of deepness and sense.

if you are trying to say that it was "emotional" or something at one point... it's not supposed to be. If you are looking for tripped out chords and pads, stick to the microdub. Plastikman material is full of amazing ideas that you have to pay attention to to hear, and that aside, it's all incredible anyway. So muc comes from so little on these releases. I think maybe some people throw it on for the first time and start listening for the traditional progression of music and start listening for certain elements to come in. It's really not about that at all, it's much better than that. Not everyone's into that, but that's what the morepop-oriented stuff is for I guess.

Is Richie using Adam's login?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i think they are up to something!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
rkampschoer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by rkampschoer »

I think you must also remember the time it was made in (around 1997)...
I like this EP.

:)
www.robinkampschoer.com
sometimes, less is more...
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

patrick bateman wrote:
adam wrote:

Is Richie using Adam's login?
plaster wrote:i think they are up to something!
I'm just discussing what I like about some records... that's what the thread is for isn't it? Discussing this release, etc?
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

adam wrote:

it's too "mnml" for you? ;)

I love how people say they love the mminimal tech but insist that it never has enough to it.

yes!
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

adam wrote:

it's too "mnml" for you? ;)

I love how people say they love the mminimal tech but insist that it never has enough to it.
It doesn't have anything to do with it beeing too minimal... please stop. Why can't you accept that some people just don't think this release is Hawtin's best? That is all me and Plaster want you to realise, that this release IMO isn't his best..