Pay Per Download

- wax
jorgeds
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jorgeds »

Microcosm wrote:Yeah, if anyone knows of somewhere that you can buy Perlon releases as mp3's, please share. I haven't found them yet, and there are some that are unattainable on vinyl.

Thanks...
Ezekiel
We ALL want Perlon on-line to buy all of their records! ... but they don't even have a website :shock:

Best from Argentina,
Jorge
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

theres a new store in town

http://audio.search.yahoo.com/

looks promising
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Unfortunately, most of these services have dropped the ball and offer only poor quality downloads. Especially the more mainstream joints like iTunes for example. I can't believe that when I first got iTunes and bought an album (the last m83 fyi :) ), it was in TERRIBLE quality. If I am paying cash, I want 320 mp3 at LEAST.

Beatport is so far the best. I think the prices are steep (you'd think manufacturing costs would be subtracted from the retail price) and the selection isn't AMAZING, but they have a good collection of the heavy hitting labels and it's hopefully going to continue to grow.
Microcosm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Microcosm »

I agree. When I first got something from itunes I was a bit shocked at the 128 bit rate. I think as the format becomes more normal for more people and CD's begin to fade, it may seem obvious to have higher bit rates, even on less audiophile type sites. At least one would hope that happens.

Ezekiel
dou
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dou »

jorgeds wrote:
Microcosm wrote:Yeah, if anyone knows of somewhere that you can buy Perlon releases as mp3's, please share. I haven't found them yet, and there are some that are unattainable on vinyl.

Thanks...
Ezekiel
We ALL want Perlon on-line to buy all of their records! ... but they don't even have a website :shock:

Best from Argentina,
Jorge
http://www.kompakt-net.de

i dont think that perlon's releases r hard to find
through the years i found the ones i was interested in

:)
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

I did emusic for awhile about a couple years ago.. pretty rough, but I suspect alot of you enjoy older force inc stuff, milli plateuax, etc.. and they stock alot of that kinda stuff..