Plastikman - Nostalgik.2

- wax
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

cyhl wrote:so, not to be negative, but I'd like to know what people think about all this old unreleased stuff getting released years later...

to me, if something went unreleased at some point, it's because it was decided it was not good enough... so don't you think releasing it years later is just about the money?
A lot of times yes, but occasionally people do make tracks that are just ahead of their time. I think it's mostly luck and not foresight, though, that something sounds good down the road.
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

these tracks are sick...and i dont really care why he is releasing them...
i just want to hear them really loud.
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

cyhl wrote:so, not to be negative, but I'd like to know what people think about all this old unreleased stuff getting released years later...

to me, if something went unreleased at some point, it's because it was decided it was not good enough... so don't you think releasing it years later is just about the money?
I know what you mean, but on the other hand, when I look at myself: some years ago, my musical taste was different from my current musical taste. Not only that, I also like music in a different way now. My whole approach to music has changed the last years. I truly believe that it's possible that you don't like a track enough to release it and some years later, you really dig it (maybe after a few small modifications)...
*I support southern fruits*
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

actually... sometimes one could think that it's just a pr stunt.. and that it really isn't an old track, but a new track, made in the old vein, if you know what I mean..
g
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by g »

he's got or had something like 75 DATs full of unreleased music. i s'pose if he really was just looking to get paid we would see a hell of lot more of this than we do.

and when the Nostalgik thing started there was a pretty clear explanation given of the thinking behind it.
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

are there soundclips available anywhere yet?
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

i thought nostalgik.1 was great .. and we all know how good hardtrax vol3 .. i think these minimal tracks just work .. wether it was 1995 or 2005 .. i'm just happy for new plastikman music in this nature oh and i'd love to hear it live.
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

patrick bateman wrote:

actually... sometimes one could think that it's just a pr stunt.. and that it really isn't an old track, but a new track, made in the old vein, if you know what I mean..
i think patrick gave a good hint ;)