Plastikman - Nostalgik.2

- wax
monokreck
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by monokreck »

soundfiles online @ http://www.m-nus.com/

also m-nus 27 coming soon from ?? actual jakskun ?? with a marc houle rmx, soundfiles also available @ m-nus.com
www.monokreck.com / www.mnmldjs.com
o my god, it's techno music !
Little_G
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Little_G »

cyhl wrote:to me, if something went unreleased at some point, it's because it was decided it was not good enough... so don't you think releasing it years later is just about the money?
how can you decide if something is not good enough regarding on muzik...especially on elektronic muzik which is changing very fast....it is not like egz.rock that is still standing on the 15 years old point...
that is very wrong statement...
maybe it was too good...so he decide to wait the right time...
maybe he did not want to release it till now...
maybe it was no space on the vinyl to put it...
there are much much more reasons to answer it....

and is it for the money???
isnt it all for the money or not?

no, i think deffinitly that is not for the money....
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

Its not about the money!... Minus sells out or damn near close on nearly everything they put out... there is no way they just NEED money and so are creating a stunt like this to do so...

All of you producers here should be able to see this... I know for my music duo partner and I, we make like 50-100+ tracks a month... even if we ran our own label where we could just release whatever, theres no way on Earth that all of that would get released. Now when we go back, we hear things that we definately like and that could still be very playable. Its the same thing. Artists don't produce ONLY what they release; theres tonnes of stuff. So why is he releasing them now? Because plastikman is so well known and reputed, especially his earlier work that its very (heres that magic word:) nostalgik musik!

This new nostalgik release is sick too, the kinda sh!t that makes me go bump in the night~
jpls
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jpls »

Cans wrote: This new nostalgik release is sick too, the kinda sh!t that makes me go bump in the night~
yes...i took another listen...and it certainly made things bump.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

f3d4r wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
cyhl wrote:so, not to be negative, but I'd like to know what people think about all this old unreleased stuff getting released years later...

to me, if something went unreleased at some point, it's because it was decided it was not good enough... so don't you think releasing it years later is just about the money?
actually... sometimes one could think that it's just a pr stunt.. and that it really isn't an old track, but a new track, made in the old vein, if you know what I mean..
i think patrick gave a good hint ;)
I think you're all wrong :)

We all know what the world of music is like these days... think back to when it wasn't so easy to just release everything. Not that it is now, but it is definately easier to get things recorded and manufactured because of the state of technology.

In the interest of the artist and labels involved, it's just plain not always the best thing to release everything. Alot of the Plastikman stuff back in the day was more about FM pads and 303s and things that were slightly more geared towards some of the things happening with certain threads of the then-smaller electronic music scene. Now that it's even more relevant than it was YEARS ago, this genius rythmic based material is surfacing.

and as per the "PR stunt" comment.. the way all y these "mnml" nerds get excited every time they hear his name or the name of his label, do you really think he'd need to pull "stunts""?
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

adam wrote:
f3d4r wrote:
patrick bateman wrote:
cyhl wrote:so, not to be negative, but I'd like to know what people think about all this old unreleased stuff getting released years later...

to me, if something went unreleased at some point, it's because it was decided it was not good enough... so don't you think releasing it years later is just about the money?
actually... sometimes one could think that it's just a pr stunt.. and that it really isn't an old track, but a new track, made in the old vein, if you know what I mean..
i think patrick gave a good hint ;)
I think you're all wrong :)

We all know what the world of music is like these days... think back to when it wasn't so easy to just release everything. Not that it is now, but it is definately easier to get things recorded and manufactured because of the state of technology.

In the interest of the artist and labels involved, it's just plain not always the best thing to release everything. Alot of the Plastikman stuff back in the day was more about FM pads and 303s and things that were slightly more geared towards some of the things happening with certain threads of the then-smaller electronic music scene. Now that it's even more relevant than it was YEARS ago, this genius rythmic based material is surfacing.

and as per the "PR stunt" comment.. the way all y these "mnml" nerds get excited every time they hear his name or the name of his label, do you really think he'd need to pull "stunts""?

ahh come on.. please take down the fan posters... please.

It wasn't meant exactly to this release (my comment with pr stunt), but more in general where we have seen a lot of records the past 6-8 years that claimed that a release was with some tracks made 4-7 years ago, but actually sounding the way the hype was at the present time...
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

adam wrote: and as per the "PR stunt" comment.. the way all y these "mnml" nerds get excited every time they hear his name or the name of his label, do you really think he'd need to pull "stunts""?
I think it's very naive and idealistic to think he doesn't (pull stunts like this all the time); and stunts or no stunts is not even the question, but anyway, he's a master of the marketing aspects of things... nothing personal here, but it's surprising to me how you start your post with a pretty accurate note on the state of the music industry, and you then say this!
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

cyhl wrote:
adam wrote: and as per the "PR stunt" comment.. the way all y these "mnml" nerds get excited every time they hear his name or the name of his label, do you really think he'd need to pull "stunts""?
I think it's very naive and idealistic to think he doesn't (pull stunts like this all the time); and stunts or no stunts is not even the question, but anyway, he's a master of the marketing aspects of things... nothing personal here, but it's surprising to me how you start your post with a pretty accurate note on the state of the music industry, and you then say this!

Everyone does. I just wanted to indicate that he doesn't needto.
I was also trying to draw out some more elaborately thought out responses.