Jay Haze album on Kitty Yo

- wax
pH
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Jay Haze album on Kitty Yo

Post by pH »

http://www.kitty-yo.net/index2.php?show=artist&id=39

Very disappointing at first listen, sounds like some bad Super Collider...
MNUS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MNUS »

The only song I've heard from this upcoming album (21th march) is Appreciate, and I can tell you I really dig this sh!t. Very curious about the other tracks.. Haze's minimal beats together with vocals, can't wait!
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

jay haze and matthew dear should keep doing what they do best: make techno music! I'm not a big fan of their vocal materials.......
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

I agree with cyhl - I'm not terribly interested in hearing (or buying) my favorite techno artists forays into a more "popular music" arena. It's their prerogative if that's where they want to focus their energy, but I'll stick to supporting their techno works.
Blip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Blip »

yeah, heads up on the super collider description. i will check the promo when it arrives, but its not quite my bag.
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

hmm

Post by pheek »

I'm very curious to see the reaction to this one... I heard him play his own vocal stuff when he played in Montreal and the reaction was pretty good. We'll see.. :?
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

don't get me wrong, I'm love the way Jay has always found creative ways to use his voice in his tracks, but I'm not quite sold on a "full vocal album".

I'm definitely interested in hearing it, and I'm sure there will be a few hidden bombs on there, but I have a feeling that most of the tracks on this won't be for my DJ sets...
PaulusP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by PaulusP »

i heared the album "love for a strange world" and i must say, i really like it. The vocals give it an extra bite. The tracks with d:exter are amazing