mnml.nl

Want to join us? Send us a message @ info
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 am 

AK wrote:
That's close but it's not what the progression is, the last chord isn't just an A-B-C-D, it's F-G-A-B-C-D. They're diatonic chords, not chromatic - the latter would indicate they were not scale related, which they are :)

It goes: 1:A-B-C.......... 2:B-C-D.......... 3:A-B-C-D.......... 4:F-G-A-B-C-D..........

Thanks! As I said I was relying on a friend, thank you for elaborating and correcting.

dirddey_iddler wrote:
friz wrote:
Anybody knows, with what kind of synthesizer those chords are made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV9pI4vvCv0

sound so melancholic and deep

thanks in advance

it seems that you didn`t read his questions carefully ;)

I think we just guided it into a different direction, the synth is less important than the chords and patch; it's not as technical as it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:20 pm 
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Great track. Minimal well done imho.

I don't know what synth he might have used, but sounds like sin waves as other have pointed so if you now a bit of synth programming you shouldn't have any problem to get 90% there with any synth. If you want 100% you need the stems 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:31 pm 

AK wrote:
That's close but it's not what the progression is, the last chord isn't just an A-B-C-D, it's F-G-A-B-C-D. They're diatonic chords, not chromatic - the latter would indicate they were not scale related, which they are :)

It goes: 1:A-B-C.......... 2:B-C-D.......... 3:A-B-C-D.......... 4:F-G-A-B-C-D..........

there's 4 chords not 3. Also there's an E in the bass so you could think of the chords as being from A minor scale. They're all closed voicings which gives the it a distinctive soft tone, that and of course that they sound very sine-like in quality.

You can try a patch made on a synth with a self oscillating filter too, you get almost sine like sounds which can be tracked to keyboard so you can play chromatically. Also, if you've ever used electric piano and taken off all the overtones until you are left with an alomst sine wave sound, you get similar tones that way too but to me, they're just sine waves either way

Thanks! I no longer associate with that guy ;)