'Lately Bass' TX81z

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

'Lately Bass' TX81z

Post by AK »

Does anyone know if it's possible to recreate the Lately Bass patch on Operator that was off the Yamaha TX81z, I'm thinking I might have better luck with NI FM8 as that can import patches apparently but I'm wondering whether I'm better off sticking with the noisy multi-samples I already have of the real thing. I want an old House feel and it's a perfect bass sound for what I need but it's just too damn noisy.

I have applied a low pass filter to get rid of excess noise triggered by a gate so the transient remains quite top end busy enough to pull it through but I just can't help wondering whether I'd be better off recreating the damn patch and tweaking it to my needs. I just haven't got near it yet.

Any suggestions would be great :)
djw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: 'Lately Bass' TX81z

Post by djw »

hi, i found a discussion on this topic here:

https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php ... 1&t=120538

there's a download link to an .adv preset there also - didn't sound all that much like the original to me, but perhaps you could use it as a template for further tweaking.

if you have m4l, however, the kat.opfour synth has a preset called "octabass" that is pretty spot on in my opinion.

good luck!

-w.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

wow... i love the lately bass. and the presets that are in this ableton thread.

Reminds me i need to get up on my TX7 and find some more bass patches. I hate programming the thing but digging for patches is always a nice treat.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

The link a couple of posts up doesn't seem to work, but if you Google "Lately Bass with Operator" you'll find the discussion. Someone posted the parameters of the original on the 2nd page. I don't have Operator (and didn't take the time to read the entire thread) so I'm not sure how successful they were with replicating it. I have always myself wondered if this sound was part of Operator or if anyone had nailed it...
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cheers for the replies. Not had much chance to delve into this to any depth yet and have been making do with a multi sample I found floating about on patch arena. Will take a look at the Ableton thread/s now.