What is about Arturia Minibrute/Korg MS20 Mini

- ask away
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

What is about Arturia Minibrute/Korg MS20 Mini

Post by kenah »

I am planning to purchase another synth. This time would be an monophonic one because I allready have 3 polyphonics!

Would be better to stay with Arturia Minibrute or change my mind for Korg MS20 Mini? The price difference is neutral. The circuits have an rather same one so count about the sound they develop or reporting the use of it from you guys.

Thank you!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What is about Arturia Minibrute/Korg MS20 Mini

Post by tone-def »

I prefer the tone of the Korg but apparently it makes a hiss noise. They're quite different so choose the one with the features you think you could get the most out of.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

will let you know in a few weeks, we have an MS20 mini coming to our festival in a couple of weeks as a hire for one of the artists, i'll get a chance to check it out,
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

that is cool steevio. I will purchase the synth in 2-3 months so you have plenty of time to stay in touch with another post. Thanks and waiting for further opinions.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i'm not massively interested in those mass market synths.

modular is better for me... made by individuals. the person/people who make my synths come to my gigs. did anyone from korg ever do that?

the initial outlay is higher but over time its cheaper. couldn't think about doing it any other way... i was saying to someone at the weekend that if I could choose between going back to crappy music equipment or death I would choose death.... maybe the 2 are the same for me anyway.

when I need repairs or fck summat up, my synth peeps send me stuff in the post in about 5 minutes or drop whatever they are doing to help me out... couldn't have played my biggest gig of the year last year if it wasn't for that. no repair department bollocks. I'm in the middle of upgrading all my synths to new jacks and I got charged literally the cost of parts... they didn't take a penny from me.

legends
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

i ll go modular too but that is why both of these 2 i am talkin about have cv patchbays.all in one i have 22 years so i can;t imagine how i could spend right now thousands of dollars on modular equipment . after 30 years old i can move rather to the idea you are talking about.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

oblioblioblioblioblioblioblioblioblioblio is under 30.
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

he can be , but here in Romania i have to work for money and i need collage for the first thing. i only saved 500E so i can buy another synth i realised i don t have a monophonic.