modular sessions at Freerotation

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

modular sessions at Freerotation

Post by oblioblioblio »

anyone here going? anyone want to get some hands on time on the modules?

probably the best time will be Sunday evening after all the performances are done and we still have the room for a bit. We'll have some leading modular users in the field, as well as the sole manufacturer of Wiard 300 modules, Cary Grace.

If you wanna do it ask.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular sessions at Freerotation

Post by ::BLM:: »

im interested.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Sure thing Ben, just wanted to have some discussion about it before hand. Cos having people doing Q&A when performing doesn't really work brilliantly, and advertising it as open platform isn't really great when you have really mashed people doing whatever the fck they like.

But we can figure a way to get interested nice people to get a bit of 1 on 1 time with the best technology that's available.

Looking forward :)
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Wishing soooo much i could go T_T. I believe that'll have to be next year (again)....
Would be great to play around with setups that are more rhythm oriented, as i've had the chance to play with a very decent sized Serge modular, but it didn't have that many sequencing options (or i simply didn't understand them well enough :) )
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i think with sequencing it's partly on the modular system and the functions available and partly down the user on what they choose and how they use it. I think Steevio is probably the most qualified to talk about sequencing... he's really pushed his set up.

Someone else who has really nailed it for me, and is doing exactly the kind of thing that I think people should be exploring in terms of making sounds that break away from the classic techno sounds, which are in many cases just simple models of physical instruments, is Keith Fullerton Whitman. I got a tape that was a record of some live shows and it is BANGING! I can't find any material of his online that hits the same spots as that tape... all the sounds are dancing all over the place... no set menu Roland stuff.

it's this one... fucking discogs wasters... I got it for a fiver. http://www.discogs.com/Keith-Fullerton- ... se/4221283

Dennis Verschoor AKA Mono-Poly will be there and he does really amazing process driven patches.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

My modular should be up and running by then but it would be nice to try modules I don't own.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I was gonna ask about how your system is going?

What else have you started with?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i've got funds and will be ordering some stuff on Thursday. I'm not planning on getting anything too fancy yet, just a few Doepfer modules and an Expert Sleepers ES-3 to get me started.