modular sessions at Freerotation

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular sessions at Freerotation

Post by tone-def »

i missed most of the modular stuff. The only thing i was a lady doing some improvised vocals along to some drones. I watched it for a while but it was too nice outside.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

was in room 3 Ben, will come and say hi next time, saw you and thought you were deep in conversation rather than feeling awkward about conversation... i'm massively shy with lead weighted anxiety but feel really OK at FR... having loads of jobs to do makes it easier for me not to get so weighed down.

lady doing vocals was Cary Grace, she did some fucking good stuff with EFX... very tripped out, and by the end she was doing some spoken words.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i had an absolute disaster for like 3 hours... hated everything i heard... couldn't settle into what other people were doing.... couldn't do any patches... everything I did was sh!t...

then i got high, sink or swim moment. kinda treaded water and churned out some noises that i liked. the other musicians were great and kept it all moving.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the professional side to Freerotation always amazes me... dealing with your fellow industry people as human beings... I repaired a relationship with a musician from my city who became super famous super quickly... think at any other place we would have stayed distant.

talking to people with the same characteristics as you... was talking to Guy Mcreery a bit about his work supporting musicians, was great to find someone doing similar work to me and it made me feel much more comfortable with doing things that on the outside might look stupid like putting loads of your energy into people you don't know... but you're just trusting this instinct.

There's a really amazing musician in my city who's having problems with money and jobs etc... I brought some of her CDs and through a few quiet words from people there I think she's gonna get some playback from djs and maybe even a vinyl release.