Need Some Bassline to Vocals, scale theory help on my track.

- ask away
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Need Some Bassline to Vocals, scale theory help on my tr

Post by simonb »

shubelo wrote:Ok, just not sure what you mean by
AK wrote:Play I IV V in G# minor and it fits snug.
What do the roman numbers correlate with, with what keys? And are you trying to refer to a chord or a sequence of notes? I think you mean a chord a looked it up but got confused
The scale degrees of the key. Roman numerals are the standard way of denoting chords, it's a useful form of notation as it isn't tied to any particular key. I is the chord of the tonic (first) note of the key's scale, IV chord of the fourth note in the scale, etc. If this doesn't make sense then no worries, read up on a bit of music theory :)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Need Some Bassline to Vocals, scale theory help on my tr

Post by AK »

Yeah, there are umpteen methods for working out the key of a track, if you have been at music a long time, chords, scales become recognisable very quickly upon listening, you can usually just play a sustained single note to determine the root, you can then play a minor3rd or a major 3rd to see which harmonizes. After determining if the key is major or minor, it's very easy to then find the other notes and available diatonic chords from that. No need to have knowledge of anything, as long as your not deaf..........