How to create this Aril Brikha synth

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: How to create this Aril Brikha synth

Post by Barfunkel »

Groove La Chord was apparently made with just an R8 drum machine and an Ensoniq SQ-80. Amazing what people with talent can do with minimal equipment.
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

From what I've gathered, Aril Brikha's synth setup circa Deeparture in Time was predominantly (exclusively?) an Ensoniq SQ-80, Novation Bass Station, and a Korg 03/W. So I'm guessing that on this track that the SQ-80 is doing the chords, the bass station is on bass duties, and the Korg is providing the lead (or perhaps the bass station and korg are swapped). I don't think the Nord Lead came until later.

You can read a bit about his old setup here: http://www.whatpeoplesay.com/studiotalk ... ril-brikha

Pretty sure he uses softsynths exclusively now.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yeah he doesnt mention the nord 2 on those 3 tracks, so maybe i'm wrong, i'm only going on the memory of him playing in London after the album came out early 2000's and he was using the Nord 2, and used it for a long time after.
certainly isnt a 101, and doesnt really sound like a Bass station, at least mine never sounded that good.

if it was the BS, and you want that sound, should be easy to pick one up fairly cheap

one thing for sure, the original album is absolutely one of my favourite albums ever, i played tracks from it in my DJ set for years, the sound is amazing.