Can You Hear Them?

- ask away
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Can You Hear Them?

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

This is a delicate and complex subject. You may hear 'ghosts' as in ethereal creatures or it could be something else... maybe you hear what I hear... when I listen to music, especially minimal music my mind fills in certain frequencies and rhythms that I may not actually hear physically... probably the result of an active imagination... never the less my mind fills in the blanks with the most pleasing sound... or sometimes, the empty space in music makes the rhythm. A sutble point but exists never the less.

Anything beyond that subtle ''extra" grove reinforcement should be a concern for an individual.

I don't like psychiatry as a discipline (i think it is a form of mind control and brainwashing) but I can't deny that some people are mentally ill... and that should be addressed appropriately. Still... psychiatrists are mostly quacks. Seriously.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

the fascinating thing is the implication that occurs with some music, the evocation of feelings and memories that aren't directly related to the sounds that are heard. But somehow these gaps are filled in.

Of course when creating music you are working with a different set of criteria... you cannot predict the reaction of anyone and you are translating and interacting with an inner world of your own.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Some people indeed are mentally ill... some wounds are bone deep, and some people are living death. There's still hope for everyone though.