milton jackson pad

- ask away
bradley1602
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

milton jackson pad

Post by bradley1602 »

Hey guys just wanted to know how these pads are creted in the break of the song. heard the same kind of sound as a kid in tekken 4 the video game and always wanted to recreate them. know i fall over this record and milton jackson has this type in his track.
grtz bradley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMkvcphChHU

the pad starts at 1:40
shubelo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: milton jackson pad

Post by shubelo »

bradley1602 wrote:Hey guys just wanted to know how these pads are creted in the break of the song. heard the same kind of sound as a kid in tekken 4 the video game and always wanted to recreate them. know i fall over this record and milton jackson has this type in his track.
grtz bradley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMkvcphChHU

the pad starts at 1:40
Love Milton Jackson's stuff,He has used that snare on a few of his recent production lately.

That sounds like a sound you would hear in and old "intelligent drum and bass" track because Im sure have it somewhere.

You should check out the youtube video of pointblanks Miltion Jackson Master class. Amazing if your into his stuff.

Back to the Question. IMO that sound is a sample by the way it plays out and the way the notes sound. Plus I know he uses a tone of intelligent drum and bass samples in NI kontakt because he says so himself in the pointblank masterclass, he also shows you how he uses these samples in his tracks.

Search tekken 4 soundtracks on youtube, I did theres a whole lot of tekken 4 Audio tracks on there. And, Hey let me know if you find it! I would also love to hear that sh!t again
shubelo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by shubelo »

bradley1602
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bradley1602 »

thx for the reply, yeah milton is a really good producer in my oppinion too. yeah i know the mastercclass thing altough its a little time ago i saw it. yeah somehow this pad sound i think is very distinctive but yeah maybe intelligent dnb is a good place to look for. ill give it a try definitely thx for the tip :)

grtz
shubelo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by shubelo »

bradley1602 wrote:thx for the reply, yeah milton is a really good producer in my oppinion too. yeah i know the mastercclass thing altough its a little time ago i saw it. yeah somehow this pad sound i think is very distinctive but yeah maybe intelligent dnb is a good place to look for. ill give it a try definitely thx for the tip :)

grtz
No worries Mate, It's killing me now! but Im sure I have herd that exact pad in an intelligent drum and bass track before. Im sure about it.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

could defo make that pad sound with the fm7 or fm8 vstis.
shubelo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by shubelo »

yeah for sure it was probably originally played in a Yamaha synth. I would be sampling if you want that Milton J vibe. Check out the DX7 presets on the net and load them in to FM8. They sweet sound I use them quit a bit
dashbad
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dashbad »

Sounds like a saw pad sample thats been pitched up.

The key (I think) is that its been re-sampled, rather than played directly from a synth.