electronic soul

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: electronic soul

Post by AK »

I don't know if it was a 'magic era' or something or whether it was just me growing up but, the music I heard as a young anti social breakdancer and graffiti artist wannabe carried all the soul I could ever ask for and I still have a lot of it to this day.

I was heavily into Electro Funk at the time and Electro. ( Proper Electro ) People like Hashim ( The Soul & We're Rocking The Planet ) Cybotron - Clear - ( which was early techno for me ) Planet Rock ( Ok an Arthur Baker rip off from Kraftwerk but still groundbreaking ) Egyptian Lover, & loads of stuff. I might be getting on now but hey, to grow up in that era and hear synths for the first time and vocoders and drum machines was a great thing. It was automatic soul and Herbie Hancock was big at the time as well, who is my fav musican ever lol. For me, it was a great experimental era to grow up in, it only got better with samplers and the rave scen as I got older but I don't hear many tracks now that will stand the test of time but like I say, it could be what I accosciate with my youth more than anything else. Memories and personal stuff haven't been mentioned but it def affects me and my perception of soulful music.

My 2cents :)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

oblioblioblio wrote:Drexicya:

I'm into a lot of this type of stuff, for me it's the amalgamation of Techno and Electro ( which I both love ) I always find something 'other worldly' in this type of stuff which touches me deeply. Whether or not anybody else thinks it contains 'soul' is another story.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

yes, it's totally otherworldly. Drexciya touches the same places as Sun Ra... hopeful music for a better world told through visionary alternate realities.