ableton question

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

ableton question

Post by steevio »

i'm needing to back up an ableton live set to an external HD as insurance incase my PC dies while away gigging. (i can use a mates PC which has ableton if this happens)

the question is how do i save the entire project including just the audio from thsat project in one go ?

ive done a 'collect and save' but the resultant file isnt big enough to contain all the audio, so it must still be referencing my library. In the past i have just copied all the audio from the project into a new audio folder and copied that to the HD seperately, but is there a way to do this more easily ?? this is a big project.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: ableton question

Post by steevio »

dont worry i worked it out,
:D
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

you're not into taking an expensive studio into hazardous environments, unattended vehicles and in unknown countries? as well as breaking your back and mountains of stress?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:you're not into taking an expensive studio into hazardous environments, unattended vehicles and in unknown countries? as well as breaking your back and mountains of stress?
its not quite like that bro, i cant take it on a plane.

tenerife is an island.

mainland europe not a problem. the van will have a bed, and ive been humping huge amounts of gear around all my life
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

no offense meant dude. didn't realise it was for the tenerife thing... thought you were planning a europe tour. all those things terrify me myself.

hope everything goes to plan.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

It's a shame I'm missing Tenerife but I all my money is going into the studio at the moment.