Re: Multi-timbral audio over USB

Post by tone-def »

Virus TI
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

isaaclevy wrote:is there such a thing? i mean, a synth where the audio goes through the USB?
I think the Blofeld can do it aswell. But in the case of the Blofeld, it's 16 part multitimbral and it would be cool if you could send 16 channels of audio through the usb. That would be really convenient for live
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Most USB's on synths are for midi and firmware/OS updates only. I haven't seen many with audio too. I think the Roland V-synth might have audio too.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

tone-def wrote:Most USB's on synths are for midi and firmware/OS updates only. I haven't seen many with audio too. I think the Roland V-synth might have audio too.
Well I think the blofeld does stereo audio via usb. When I was reading the SoS review of the Blofeld that when I thought how useful that could be to a live laptop setup. I mean the technology exsists as far as usb soundcards go... so why not a synth.

Tbh, im not to convinced by the sound of the blofeld. I think it will just be one of those many things that gathers dust after a few months...
mykul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mykul »

I own a Blofeld and as far as I know the USB does not transmit audio.
It is used for Midi and Sysex as mentioned above.
I remember reading a review of the Blofeld before I purchased it stating what a plus it would be if Waldorf implements USB audio functionality in the future. I have a sneaking suspicion this is much easier said than done.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

mykul wrote:I remember reading a review of the Blofeld before I purchased it stating what a plus it would be if Waldorf implements USB audio functionality in the future. I have a sneaking suspicion this is much easier said than done.
Probably but with the right team it could be done. Examples of this type of processing are UAD and focusrite liquid mix.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Yeah I was wrong about the usb audio out... dunno wtf i was reading!