Re: DRUMCELL in the studio

Post by mehta »

enjoyed these
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

I'd like to express my gratitude that this thread reminded me that I was still on the internet.

-squint
dubgil2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil2 »

manzatour wrote:I understand and deeply respect your enthusiasm on modular synthesizers. Enthusiasm is an important factor necessary to go forward and develop new techniques in music. This is very positive.
BUT
Actually, you can make excellent, innovative, brilliant, forward thinking music with an old guitar and a couple of old pans, if you can use them and have something to say.
SO
What about talking also about something else?

Please don't take it bad.

:-flower

when I was in college (nearly 20years ago) i would go to a lot of indie shows. I remember a band called "DOO RAG" 2 guys; a singer and a guy baning on a cardboard box. They were one of the BEST EVER... case closed.
Elektron MD UWmk2, Elektron SFX60mk2.
protokoll
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by protokoll »

i seriously can't understand the hate for anything you can make music or sounds with on a producer forum for electronic music! and i don't think that you start a proper discussion with saying every monkey can operate a modular. this is just pure stupidity! exactly the post of the video is something i come here for. to get information. the first post of MagpieIndustries left me with nothing but too many words full of ignorance.

it would be very sad to see quality people leave this forum because of some trolls.

keep it cool!

p.s.: a great piece of music i came across a while ago:

https://vimeo.com/15934467
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

it sounds to me like there is modular all over the latest villalobos record. some of it is fantastic.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

oblioblioblio wrote:it sounds to me like there is modular all over the latest villalobos record. some of it is fantastic.
there is all the time modular on villalobos records since the last releases

check youtube
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

seems like this thread is killing the forum. :-sadflower
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i was just trying to see if it might cause some discussion about modular technique that wasn't so personal. Villalobos' style of music is often very accessible as well as pushing boundaries.

I've only listened briefly but it seems like he has incorperated modular into his system amongst other classic techniques. Some tracks seem like fairly obvious subtractive plus sampling. But there are others where there is complex sound design and sequencing that to me is exclusive to modular.