selling machinedrum...

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

selling machinedrum...

Post by hydrogen »

thinking about selling my machinedrum... reason is i can make better sounding beats in the computer. I don't get into the synthesis as much as i'd like... i have an octatrack which is just as dope for beats imo... opinions?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: selling machinedrum...

Post by tone-def »

I don't like how they sound. Sell it.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

actually considering to sell mine too.
use to like its sound a lot, played live with it regularly but at some point i kinda got tired of its sound.
now that I sold my 909 (this was a tough step...had it for 17 years) I'm thinking about keeping it and use it more as a sampler (despite its obviuos limitations).... on the other hand, having ditched the mpc and gotten maschine I'm pretty set in my sampler needs.

if you can make better beats on the computer and don't like its synthesis, just sell it. You do have an octatrac anyway- let it go. I'm very likely to sell mine as well.

decisions... decisions....
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

I dont really use the internal sounds anymore, but i love the sequencing on it.
Only use it with combination of Albeton or my DRM1.

If you already have a octatrack, just sell it
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

i was in fact considering making a ghetto setup with the MD sequencing my old rack sampler, just for those computerless old school moments... just a sequencer and a sampler.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

same here...

MD + Akai S950 :idea:
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

It's fun to use the step sequencer to control drums in Ableton so you can have your drum samples playing from the computer but using hardware control. It's the best of both worlds I think as I can easily switch from 808,909,606 etc.
You can even throw in say 40 bass drums in a drum rack on the bass drum channel and flick through them using the note selection on MD's midi machine.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

eggnchips wrote:It's fun to use the step sequencer to control drums in Ableton so you can have your drum samples playing from the computer but using hardware control. It's the best of both worlds I think as I can easily switch from 808,909,606 etc.
You can even throw in say 40 bass drums in a drum rack on the bass drum channel and flick through them using the note selection on MD's midi machine.
you can do this with tons of other gear... why waste the money on an MD to do it, everyone I know buys them then gets rid of them shortly there after. Except a few cats i know that perform with them.