audio interface

- ask away
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: audio interface

Post by kdgh »

had some friends with the saffire LE and the 40 and it was always crashing, clicking or any other kind of trouble.
The pre amps of the saffire are full of sh!t. So in that matter i created some bad feelings about focusrite....

No problem if others felt in love with it. I just don't recommend it, if there are brands like apogee, echo and RME
lunarodyssey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lunarodyssey »

maybe someone have motu? can say how these machines works? because motu track16 look very nice & have lot of features
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

I have a MOTU 24I/O in the studio. I don`t like the AD conversion. Everything I sent out of the interface and record back sounds a little bit dull. I don`t know how other MOTU interfaces are sounding ...

For livepa and producing at home I`ve just bought a RME Babyface and I am more than happy with it! Of course it`s much money ... but you can expand via ADAT I/O and you can use MIDI I/O. All (protable) interfaces less than 4-500euros don`t have ADAT Out and MIDI (At least I didn`t find one)

I was thinking a lot what to buy (Babyface or Duet II), but the Babyface has so much more features than the Duet II...

The conversion (DA & AD) sounds better on the Babyface than on the MOTU 24I/O. Preamps clean and very usable. If somebody is interested I can upload a song I recorded back through the 24I/O and the Babyface. Of course there is no "big" difference, but there is one. Working with gear which make you think there is something wrong doesn`t make a lot of fun =)

cheers,
t.
twisted-space
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by twisted-space »

lunarodyssey wrote:.........because i want run one synth and kick module plugged in at the same time with very low latency.

I have an RME Babyface and it's a superb interface BUT it only has 2 (mono) analog inputs. If you're happy having both your synth and kick on mono inputs then I can't imagine you'll find anything better for the money.
diefenwald
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by diefenwald »

got the duets 2 very good soundquality even if you are recording a guitar or mic!