Re: Legowelt's view on modular.

Post by Mono-xID »

each to his own i would say...
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

mono-xid : do you know Ivan too? (COOH) he is working with Dean Rodell on Underhill.
anyway, very nice and sober guy too. but his dnb is dark and weird as hell =)

he knows how to use synths but stays in the digital domain.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

yeah i know him and he's a really nice guy...he mostly uses Reason i think...had a couple of great nights with him...i know most of the hard/techno DNB guys as Dean Rodell is one of my best mates for years...He lives together with Blade from THE SECT just round the corner...THE PANACEA just moved here aswell...

really looking forward to the BURN THE MACHINE Festival in Dean's Subland Club this year in november as there will be an UNDERHILL Live Show and the whole Line Up is just crazy...will be fuckin Epic!!!

edit: the thing is that most of CURRENT VALUE's,DEAN's or COOH's stuff sound that way BECAUSE they're going the digital way...their music wouldn't work with "analog sound"...

but i can't talk about this "analog vs. digital" sh!t anymore...ppl don't understand that it is a never ending story...but it has ever been that way...the conservatives vs. the innovators....i'm sick of it all....for me just the music matters and i give a sh!t about the equipment ppl use to create a track that'll give me shivers
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

yeah nice =) good neighbourhood.
pipecock
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pipecock »

All my favorite Dance Mania records were made with a modular.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I love sushi. I could go for a few orders of salmon and red snapper right now. mmmmm
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

michaellpenman wrote:Its like when people say EEEaaah i dont like sushi...
Have you every tried it...
NO....
well how do you know you dont like it

:D
i know it 'cause i don`t eat animals :D easy story...now it`s your turn to bring another example and not a cheap "eat vs. synth" comparison 8) :D
Synth Bass
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Synth Bass »

Phase Ghost wrote:This guy has obviously never used a modular or he wouldn't make such a ridiculous statement like "For me it's the most boring thing". Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. His just happens to be the wrong opinion in this instance.
I am laughing my ass off :lol: if you knows anything about this guys history you will know he used a lot of modular equipment like the ARP 2500 and Roland systems. I can remember he even made his own system from scratch in the early 2000's
typical view of someone who doesn't understand synthesizers. give me a ROMpler because i can't make my own sounds!
suuuure he doesn't understand synthesizers at all and only uses presets rofl :roll:

He's just taking the piss