multi midi

- ask away
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: multi midi

Post by kdgh »

sounds fair!

Got the same thing with being mobile as possible, though i would think it would be a nice input in the live scene to get some analog gear back but in a hybrid way.
Nothing wrong with the software use of things, but i think it could look awesome in some eyes of the listeners/dancers. Next to that your workflow probably would be WAY different then launching clips in Ableton. I speak for myself of course. Many other producers can do crazy sh!t with it, but to me i get bored quite easily. And if I get bored, the listeners get bored.

I was really lucky with the MD. Could grab 1 for 275 bucks. Next to that i'm doing this live thing together with a friend so we both payed half for the Timeline and other certain gear.
Next to that it's way more mobile with the 2 dragging all the gear.

Do you have something like a live set recording? Really curious about how it sounds!
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

To be honest I would love to be doing what I am doing with pure hardware. (it would be a sh!tload easier than these midi controllers!!!) And it would sound loads better....
...but I have to say, part of the buzz about it, it all fits in a UDG record bag and takes up as much space as a pair of decks...

The only clips I launch are for recording/playing back automation, and clock signals inside midi clips to trigger various sequencers. There are no premade audio or midi clips that have music in them (if that makes sense)
I am thinking of putting in an audio track of ambiant noise I have recorded. But I want to figure out a way of doing granular synthesis in clips with delays and using M4L to change the playhead posistion. But I already hav quite a lot of ambiance from various reverbs and delays..

I have made several 'live' recordings (live from my room!) but I am sorta against making recordings of it. I want to save it all for the Clubs. I have a ton of saved projects that are almost complete tracks which just need recording to the Arrange page and mixing. But I am nowhere near that stage yet.
I listen to my live recordings to see how it is advancing. I had my first live gig about a month ago and things have moved on a lot since then.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

The grain thingie sounds interesting. Though it sounds also like a big fuzz to setup properly and for the results you'll get back, i don't know if it's useable (in my case). I'm planning to prepare some midi clips so i can always get back to a certain point. Otherwise people can't connect the dots anymore if it's too much of in improv. But! if i can program some melodys and chords with a little sequencer (let's say the monome ;-)) i most definitely gonna try that out.

can i ask you what controllers you're already using?
ever considered building an apc 80 or 120?