Idea for a sampling plugin

- ask away
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Idea for a sampling plugin

Post by mehta »

That is an interesting idea for a program. I think lots of people do this manually already.

I'd prefer to cut notes out manually, but then I don't do a lot of sampling and have never thought of using melodyne (although it is quite impressive as a piece of software)
Dektro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dektro »

jessejames wrote:Are you saying that your program will chop the sample AND ORGANIZE the bits on the keyboard automatically according to their root note (tone)?
So it would assign keys, not in chronological order, but in ascending/descending order of tone?
Yes, this is what I mean.
AK wrote:I am not quite sure what you mean either. Do you wish to chop a given bit of audio and have it automatically mapped chromatically across a keyboard range? It reads like that but then you say it doesn't pitch the sample up or down - which is confusing because how then can it be mapped across a keyboard range?
Yes, that's what I'm trying to say. Well, suppose all the tonal samples fall in the right chromatic tune, you won't have to tune anything. I said that to make clear it's not quiet like traditional sampling (in which the same sample is tuned to create all notes of the keyboard).

I hope I finaly made myself clear.. -squint

This said, does there exist anything like it? Ok, it's obviously possible to manualy do this (in ableton: slice to midi and then match the samples in drumrack to the right note).
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

how do you want to do this with polyphonic samples and drum- percussionloops?
Dektro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dektro »

kdgh wrote:how do you want to do this with polyphonic samples and drum- percussionloops?
I didn't quite think about polyphonic samples yet, I guess that's a major problem that will arise. I will talk with my teacher about the subject coming week so I can ask him about this.

For percussion I can measure in which frequency region the hit is most prominent and map the hits according to that. Perhaps by examining the correlation between the hit and band passed white noise at different center frequencies.
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

I think it's something that already exists.

I'd like to have a plugin that automatically determines the tone of all the tracks in a project.
Once it has determined the tones it could let you choose which scale use and adjust the tones automatically

it would make things faster
Dektro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dektro »

Alex Bizzaro wrote:I think it's something that already exists.
Do you know which plugin this does?
Alex Bizzaro wrote:I'd like to have a plugin that automatically determines the tone of all the tracks in a project.
Once it has determined the tones it could let you choose which scale use and adjust the tones automatically

it would make things faster
The thing you suggest is not possible to make in a plugin that can be used in any DAW, since you work in different tracks. Think of it, were would you set your plugin? The only possibility would be one on each track, and that would require some kind of communication between them.

I would like to make something that works universally.
Alex Bizzaro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Bizzaro »

why is not possible to do a vst working in any daw?
It should be placed on master channel or into a group channel.
The "only" thing you need is several audio input sources. I would say about 20 audio input.
Here something works similar but it analyzes spectrum instead of tones.
http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2010/10 ... st-plugin/