Fortz Track (Acid)

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Fortz Track (Acid)

Post by oblioblioblio »

Dal-Tech wrote:
Fortz Tracks isn't available for purchase. Nothing to self promote. I was demoing off kilter type sequences. From now on I'll just keep my tracks to myself. The dance music community is so shallow. 99% of everything out there tries to sound like everyone else.
Actually if you looked a little deeper you would find that people here are actually very generous with their time and gladly help people advance themselves musically and are very open about their methods.

And if you looked a little deeper you'd find that there are always musicians pushing to do something new. Maybe some of them are even posting here and might help you on your journey, or at least someone to share the scenery with.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Dal-Tech wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Fine... lets stick with the original thread. i find it extremely annoying music. couldn't make it passed the first 16 bars.

Also, there is a member section for that! cheers!
No, the original post was about creating off kilter grooves. Not your standard 16 step sequence. Even if your box taste in mnml liked my tracks you couldn't purchase them.
Even if the original post is about creating off kilter grooves. The title of this doesn't represent that at all! just read it... "(Fortz Track (Acid)" its clearly about YOUR track and isn't a conversation starter at all. Most conversations begin with a question.

And I really wish you wouldn't call the community here shallow. We all have our sh!t but whenever I start thinking negatively like that I find that one of us here brings something to the table completely revolutionary or something I haven't thought of before in a very discrete non-self serving way.

Anyways... I've had enough of this arguing. But if you truly want to talk about time signature changes... (a subject i find very interesting but under used in the techno world) We should start a new thread with that title. If you are inclined to self post your track as an example of signature changes I'm OK with that. However, I would love it if you included other tracks from the 30+ years of electronic music to lay out some history and groundwork on the subject.

------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

wow some panties in a bunch here. a simple "please post in the self-promotion section" should suffice. no need to get all huffy. if something is really bothersome, this forum has moderators who can move or delete posts which don't belong. i've actually stopped using forums over the angry and abusive nature of posts, i don't read forums to see bashing and name calling. the internet can be a happier place folks, sometimes i write angry posts but i usually don't click on "Submit" instead i leave the webpage.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

pafufta816 wrote:wow some panties in a bunch here. a simple "please post in the self-promotion section" should suffice. no need to get all huffy. if something is really bothersome, this forum has moderators who can move or delete posts which don't belong. i've actually stopped using forums over the angry and abusive nature of posts, i don't read forums to see bashing and name calling. the internet can be a happier place folks, sometimes i write angry posts but i usually don't click on "Submit" instead i leave the webpage.
You are missing the point we are trying to make. He has been passive aggressively utilizing threads throughout the forum for his own promotion. He posts something concerning the topic then blathers on (as if people care about his tired music) about what he is doing, how he is doing it, what new projects he is a part of....

Its not that we are unhappy, we are just sick and tired of seeing his sh!t everywhere. I am sure you get sick of seeing "sh!t" of some sort of everywhere be it online or irl.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

livecollective wrote: You are missing the point we are trying to make. He has been passive aggressively utilizing threads throughout the forum for his own promotion. He posts something concerning the topic then blathers on (as if people care about his tired music) about what he is doing, how he is doing it, what new projects he is a part of....

Its not that we are unhappy, we are just sick and tired of seeing his sh!t everywhere. I am sure you get sick of seeing "sh!t" of some sort of everywhere be it online or irl.
What are you even talking about? I only have a few tracks on YouTube. The so called tired music you speak of only exist in your wild imagination.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

pafufta816 wrote:i've actually stopped using forums over the angry and abusive nature of posts, i don't read forums to see bashing and name calling.
A lot of it has to do with Web 2.0. Forums are kind of old school. I'm accused of self promotion but that's genreally what you see on interent forums these days.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Dal-Tech wrote:A lot of it has to do with Web 2.0. Forums are kind of old school. I'm accused of self promotion but that's genreally what you see on interent forums these days.
Does that make it right?

I don't feel mnml.nl is one of those places at all....
boomstick
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boomstick »

Dal-Tech wrote:A lot of it has to do with Web 2.0. Forums are kind of old school. I'm accused of self promotion but that's genreally what you see on interent forums these days.
No.
beam me up