Propellerhead Reason To Host 3rd Party Plugins?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Propellerhead Reason To Host 3rd Party Plugins?

Post by AK »

Not quite but a move in that direction.

I don't know if anyone knows this yet but apparently they are to develop something called RE's ( Rack Extentions ) which will enable 3rd party developers to manufacture plugins for the Reason format. I'm not sure how this will work exactly and just how many people will actually be interested in developing but I read that Korg and Sonic harge are among the developers thus far.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/vid ... ned-535501
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Propellerhead Reason To Host 3rd Party Plugins?

Post by tone-def »

i saw a video of the presentation. from what i see it's better than VST and other plugin formats in many ways. what i like the most is the plugins can take advantage of Reasons CV connections.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

pretty cool... but they are still missing midi out!!!!! fuckers.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

Read about this as well. Me and a classmate were pretty excited about trying to make a Rack Extension but another classmate informed us that it might not be that easy to get developers rights. Theres a form on the webpage so I guess you just fill that out and hope they accept you.

What kind of extension you guys looking forward to?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

yeah no midi out makes the whole thing not useable for me now.

on another note...

i remember back when i used cubase I could use the reason matrix to make patterns with my vstis. anyone know if this can be done in ableton? was trying for ages last week, but cant figure it out.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Wouldn't it be possible for a rack extention to have a midi out option with Reason being able to record audio now? Still, it does potentially open up the Reason platform somewhat.

You can already route CV out to control and sequence analogue gear and record it into the program ( I don't have the interface to do it but it's possible )
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote: You can already route CV out to control and sequence analogue gear and record it into the program ( I don't have the interface to do it but it's possible )
i hope someone like Expert Sleepers makes something to improve it's performance. in Silent Way you calibrate the oscillators for more accurate tracking. thats something that's missing in Reason. a dedicated CV to Audio devices would be good, as would an external delay compensation (ping) for using outboard effects.

i don't really care about MIDI out because all the hardware i'm interested in has CV.

AK, have you tried using your interface for triggering sounds? you might not be able to control pitch but the gate input should still work. this is useful for drums and the 101's sequencer.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

tone-def wrote: i don't really care about MIDI out because all the hardware i'm interested in has CV.
Come on dude, that's the lamest sh!t and a very selfish thing to say. Most hardware is midi and to say you don't care about is plain silly. Did you sell all your hard are except for a modular or moog synths? What about controlling external effects? :roll:
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest