zed 14

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: zed 14

Post by hydrogen »

That mixers far from small but if you have the space.... It's nice cause the pots and everything are nicely spaced. Plenty of room to move around.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

AK wrote:"Enginneered in England by Allen & heath" BUILT IN CHINA

Why? Cheap labour? Image

Does my head in when I read sh!t like that. British companies sending work abroad and ruining the economy, I thought these guys built their mixers here! What they gonna do now the basic wage increases in China as the economy grows?

Will we see, "Engineered in England by Allen & Heath" Built in India? That's what companies do who are trying to pinch pennies, well either India, Cambodia or Vietnam!
they still make the big mixers in England.

the annoying thing is when these companies move production to China and it doesn't effect the price of the product for consumers.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

If i'm correct there's only the ZedR16 and the GR24 that offer both the mixer and the soundcard.
I believe the ZED14 is "only" a mixer as far as I know. So you might still need your current soundcard to use it fully.

xxx edit xxxx

The soundonsound article page just finished loading. This looks like quite a great deal indeed, i'd just be weary of the slightly bad converters.
As for the USB side of things, everything worked with my Mac G5 as it should, without any need to install additional drivers, but I did detect a small amount of digital background noise in the headphones from that source. This almost certainly doesn't get recorded, but it is a minor irritation when monitoring. The audio quality is pretty much what you'd expect from a budget USB soundcard, and was noticeably less transparent than the same signal played through my MOTU interface. However, for capturing a gig straight off the desk, or for basic demo recording, it works well enough.
as per here: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct07/a ... hZED14.htm
Last edited by Opuswerk on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

The Allen & Heath ZED-14 6 mono inputs plus 4 dual stereo channels + USB audio interface (ZED 14).
i dont want it for the audio interface anyway. im sure my audiofire 12 is a better option. im just looking for a more hands on approach.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I don't want a mixing desk. I just use volume knobs, filters and panning modules.

I'm still a hopeless victim of gearlust though.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Well what changed my mind was after being at a friends studio who has one with a load of effects pedals on the auxs and it being so much fun.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

If you were gonna use the USB, I wouldn't go for USB-1. But you already stated that wouldn't be something you'd use..
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

the USB is just a gimmick. it's only 16bit.