DSI Tempest

- ask away
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

DSI Tempest

Post by jackbrazzo »

Seriously thinking of getting one of these bad boys as I have a bit of cash to spend on gear.

Thinking of doing a live set exclusively on one of these. Do you reckon it would be enough or would I have to get another synth involved?
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: DSI Tempest

Post by TechnoMusic »

I reckon the tempest will do the job along with some outboard for reverb, delay and so on.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

It seems that it would be enough since it can be used as a synthesizer as well as a drum machine. I've actually been thinking of getting one as well but kinda unsure about its inability to sample. I would like to be able to import ideas into the Tempest and then sequence and modulate in Tempest.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

I agree its also a lot of dough as well but it sounds the business... want to start doing a live show, think I need to broaden my horizons.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I caught a review of it in a magazine where it has some sound demos as well. Seems the business but yeah, damn expensive.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

If you guys go to the DSI forum (dsiforum.com) and read/follow the Tempest threads, there is a lot of info there. The lead programmer is working on an updated OS that is apparently going to incorporate a load of UI and performance features. The more I research this thing, the more I want it.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Offtopic, but any of you guys got experience with either Jomox Xbase 888 or 999?
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

Pair this with a MPC1000 and you have a two piece live PA that you can bring on a plane.