modular etc etc

- ask away
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by deccard »

only got an anti-osc in a tip top 3u expanding my dark energy so far. of course i want more but i also want alot other stuff like some compressors / eq / synths etc so its not really priority expanding that system. maybe if i see something used i grab it but so far i havent seen much stuff that´s really that cheaper if you buy it used.
but i really like the anti-osc. i wonder how the borg and boogie filter are...but maybe i just go for the corgasmatron. i´m just wondering if i should go for more interesting modules and leave out the normal stuff.
techno made me do it
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

deccard wrote:but maybe i just go for the corgasmatron
I would. That thing looks real dope.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

Phase Ghost wrote:
I'm really into mine. lots of possibilities and different ways to configure it. I makes a nice range of kicks too. But I only have my boogie and dark energy filter to compare it to.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

Audio Dependent wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:
I'm really into mine. lots of possibilities and different ways to configure it. I makes a nice range of kicks too. But I only have my boogie and dark energy filter to compare it to.
hm how would you compare it to the dark energy? i´m a bit bored of the DE filter. not that it´s not bad but it´s very basic, clean... it works well with it´s own vco but i have the feeling my anti-osc needs something else, something more slutty maybe.
techno made me do it
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

deccard wrote:
Audio Dependent wrote:
Phase Ghost wrote:
hm how would you compare it to the dark energy? i´m a bit bored of the DE filter. not that it´s not bad but it´s very basic, clean... it works well with it´s own vco but i have the feeling my anti-osc needs something else, something more slutty maybe.
Its definitely more versitile than the DE - the q-drive lets you decide how dirty the resonance is, from really clean to really dirty. for me it has a wider sweet spot for its resonance than the DE. however if your looking for a 'slutty' filter to compliment you anti-osc, i've heard lots of good things about the dirty borg - i think the borg2.

The corgasmatron's beauty is its versatility. there are just so many ways it can fit into a patch...
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

imo the best filter to compliment the anti-osc is the Borg, preferably 2 in series, and another Anti-osc to FM the first. Not the cheapest solution but for me that gives a very very wide range of expressive possiblities.

i can't really describe the sound of the Borg easily. Both the Borg1 and the Borg2 can be aggressive and dirty. The Borg 2 can self resonate right down to subsonic frequencies, which the Borg1 cannot. The borg1 is sweeter and creamier somehow, and is a bit harder to control when self resonating.

I'm selling 2 Borg1s second hand. User name on muffs is slow_riot.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

@audio_dependent ... love your sounds!!!
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

thx obi for the offer. but need to move soon and got to save my bucks at the moment. :?
techno made me do it