mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by Phase Ghost »

oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Phase Ghost wrote:Hey oblioblioblio, Do you still have the Makenoise Rene sequencer? I thought I remembered you saying you bought one. Care to share your thoughts on it? I'm considering a happy ending kit with all sequencing modules and was thinking about this module.
I ended up selling it. I found it was too demanding of my attention and I ended up getting stuck inside it in the same way that I would a computer. It was a bit bratty and selfish and it didn't feel like a module. You have to page thru info, and I felt you had to plan ahead and compose too much with your brain.

I make snappy decisions though and buy and sell quite frequently, so maybe you would do well with it.

I'm about to get my hands on the Wiard 300 series Sequantizer which I'm really excited about. 303 glide plus automate octave up and down, and other stuff. :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

the old modular thread isnt haunted its dead !

searched the fuk out of it, its gone

here's the video of the modular techno jazz shizz i woz going on about and promissed to post there ;

hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

how long did it take you to build that patch. pure madness! sounds awesome! :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hydrogen wrote:how long did it take you to build that patch. pure madness! sounds awesome! :)
well that vid is the second half of the mix, and the first half was about 5 or 6 minutes, so 5 or 6 minutes.

the first half started very minmal just kick and one percussive sound in a halfbar loop, and i built it from there.
i'll post it shortly.

the rig is permanently patched up like this, so its a synth/sequencer built from modules, rather than your traditional concept of a modular. i dont re-patch anything much because everything is connected by switched multiples and precision control volage adders/subtractors. so i re-patch using switches and leave the cables in place, this means everything i do is totally in the moment live, so while at first it may seem like a fixed architecture set-up, its the opposite, its a 'completely different architecture at the flick of a few switches set-up'

every few months i'll have a bit of a change around and try some new routings, and i make minor adjustments to improve its playablity / flexibility every day.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Neat. 8)

Esp. like that little bit at 0:40 sec with the bass perc interaction. I can't really ask questions as I'm not at all familiar with modular so I wouldn't understand what you were talking about. :lol:
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I love techno.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Phase Ghost wrote:I love techno.