mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

It's back!!!!! :D
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

polite notice to musicians:

get a Livewire Dalek and Dual Cyclotron.

sell every other machine you owned. They are worthless. Well, maybe hang on to a few things for posterity and occaisional augmentation.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

mainly joking there ^

although I will say that the Livewire stuff is another modular discovery that has changed the way I think about sound.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Is there someone in London I can go and try modular systems out? I have been looking at them since this thread started, but there is so much out there.

Is everyone here using a hardware sequencer? I could plug Ableton up right and use the midi from there?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:Is there someone in London I can go and try modular systems out? I have been looking at them since this thread started, but there is so much out there.

Is everyone here using a hardware sequencer? I could plug Ableton up right and use the midi from there?
all you need is a midi /CV convertor to convert your midi data from your Ableton into control voltages. you dont necessarily need a modular or hardware sequencer at all.

trying modular gear out is difficult, because you need time to work at it and set things up. the best way is to find someone who has a modular and spend a day with them.
i recently showed a friend the way round my modular and after a day he was sold, before that he didnt have a clue and was intimidated by it.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Can I come over Steevio? :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

lem wrote:Can I come over Steevio? :)
where do you live?