Arrangement

- ask away
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Arrangement

Post by bshosa »

HAve some serious problems with arranging tunes.

I mean - I am able to build fabulous intros and than fire the track , but it lacks stages in between.

so no problem with flowing beatless parts - intros, outros, breaks etc, no real problems with peaktime beats either, but real problems with making a track out of it.

Any tips ??
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Dude i feel for ya!! I know what you're talking about. I had a little epiphany the other day and I really took something from it!

I basically locked my key's in my car in the middle of nowhere and really had to get creative figuring out how and what I was gonna use to unlock my door. Long story short, I blew myself away with what I had done with so little!!!!! Not only that, it was fun believe it or not. My point is, for a guy like me, the more sh!t (samples, vst's whatever) I have, the less i accomplish, and more importantly, the less I can tap into my creativity. It's a bit of a paradox, but the less I have, the more creative I am. I was amazed one day with what I could do with a simple kick drum! One of my favorite show's was Macguyver!!!I loved how that guy figured his way out of things. Although I say all of this, It's so hard for me to let go of the excess stuff I have, like really hard!!! I alway's think it'll come in handy. The reality is , it slows me down! I'm working on it. Good luck dude.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Raddler wrote:One of my favorite show's was Macguyver!!!
+1!

------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

lol Hydrogen, Love it!!! :lol:
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

For me this what I did...

Found a prerecorded track that I liked... Warped it in Ableton and broke it down into 8 bar sections and then modeled my track on it... I did not plagiarize the track but copied the arrangement structure...
Keagan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Keagan »

if you're running ableton
in session view record the entire track as you think it would work

obviously name the scenes so its pretty defined

then render it even if your not 100% happy with what you have- don't edit to much after you record it

open up the rendered file in ableton and then start rearranging it together so you're happy with- you can dedicate a bunch of tracks to little build up arp and start playing with sends and what not

i do this a lot, it helps not having a million faders and knobs in front of you to play with. it just comes down to having the control to render what you have and not fck with it too much
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Abelton Live 8)

if this fails try and make one big intro then put some beats with it.